Hello Beauties, I am in love with rosemary after using rosemary leave-in conditioner, so this post is all about rosemary. This powerful herb has been used as a hair treatment since ancient times. Today, there are many expensive hair treatment products available in market which contains Rosemary, but I am going to share my simple recipe of leave-in rosemary conditioner here.
Story behind making this conditioner at home:
I personally don’t like to use conditioner after each hair, but as we all know conditioning is essential to keep hair healthy. Also, I was dealing with hair fall problem last year and had already tried a bunch of hair treatment products, so I finally decided to try some home remedies for my hair. This leave-in conditioner is one of them. It saved my hair and improved my hair condition.
Tip: You may want to drink rosemary tea everyday for a month and see improvement in hair growth if you are suffering from severe hair fall.
So, let’s start with the process of making rosemary leave-in conditioner:
We would need dried rosemary leaves/freshleaves/Rosemary Oil (anything which is available), 3 Cups of Water, Empty Spray Bottle.
1. Boil 3 cups of water in a pan.
2. Add dried or fresh rosemary leaves into boiling water for another 2 minutes. Now, the water would start changing its color to dark brown. Turn off the gas and let the rosemary seep for a few hours, let it cool down completely.
3. Strain the rosemary water into a spray bottle. I like to add a few drops (almost 4-5) of rosemary oil into bottle with rosemary water, but it is optional.
4. Don’t forget to shake the bottle before each use.
Benefits of Rosemary Hair Tonic and Conditioner For Hair Growth:
- Rosemary leaves/Rosemary oil is easily available.
- It makes your hair soft and shiny with regular use.
- Stimulates hair follicles which results in faster hair growth.
- Strengthens hair.
- Fights against dandruff, itchy and flaky scalp.
- Homemade simple recipe.
- Very inexpensive compared to other rosemary hair treatment products available in the market.
Cons of Rosemary Hair Tonic and Conditioner For Hair Growth:
- Strong smell. I like this minty smell but with all these benefits, you have to ignore the smell even if you don’t like it and the smell doesn’t last in your hair for long.
Precautions and Warnings:
Stay away from rosemary if you are pregnant or breast feeding or if you are suffering from high blood pressure. Large intake of rosemary can cause vomiting, uterine bleeding, kidney irritation, Increased sun sensitivity, skin redness and allergic reactions.
How To Use Rosemary Hair Tonic and Conditioner:
- Just spray this leave-in conditioner to your hair from roots to tip after each hair wash (2 to 3 times in a week).
I highly recommend this conditioner even if you don’t suffer from hair fall/hair loss because it improves hair condition and with each use.
Jovees Revitalizing Hair Tonic
Constanta Superior Hair Tonic Essence
Lotus Herbals Kera Veda Hair Roots Active Herbal Tonic
Shahnaz Husain Shatone Scalp Tonic
Livon Hair Gain Tonic
Fab India Aloe Vera Protein Conditioner
Sunsilk Co- Creations Perfect Straight Nourishing Conditioner
L’Occitane Repairing Conditioner Dry & Damaged Hair
Sunsilk Co-Creations Radiant Shine Conditioner
Vitamins for Hair Growth
Supplements for Hair Growth
Does Exercise Promote Hair Growth
7 Best Hair Oils For Faster Hair Growth
12 thoughts on “Rosemary Hair Tonic and Conditioner For Hair Growth”
woooohooo anything for hair growth is loved by me *hifive* *hifive* *hihi* this is soo easy to make and looks promising *happydance* *happydance* btw are these rosemary leaves easy to find *scared*
hi saloni,… you can find them in any supermarket… dried ones are also good…you can find the dried in the herbs section where you get the oregano, dried basil…etc…
Ohhh is it *woot* *woot* *thankyou* *thankyou* very much Ashu *hifive* *hifive*
Thanks Ashu….. *oye balle*
Wonderful article Aaditi…Thanks for the tips…
Welcome to IMBB Aaditi……I want to find rosemary now to prepare my own hair tonic *jogging* *jogging* *jogging* *jogging*
Jomol if u cud get these leaves in Hyderabad do let me know …I’ll also pick from there…BTW whr do u stay in Hyderabad?
welcome to IMBB 🙂 this is fantastic!
Rosemary oil is a miracle oil.I had a problem of slow hair growth & after using weleda’s rosemary oil only for 4 months i saw a noticeable change in my hair length.Rightly mentioned above,everybody should try it.The idea of leave-in conditioner is very nice.I am going to try this one for sure. *thankyou* *thankyou*
need to check out for rosemary leaves and make this concoction for myself.. *jogging* *thankyou* dear for this wonderful hair tonic
I am Kirti, I am an avid reader of IMBB.
Like you i too don’t like to use the chemically loaded conditioner every time…
Can you tell me in which super market can I look for dry rosemary leaves? Big Bazaar or any one specific….. I have not seen any such place where they store herbs hence asking you to help me with the same.
Hey Aditi.. It’s a marvellous DIY indeed that’s explained so conspicuously and briefly! Kudos to you for bringing it to our notice *puchhi* I have a query- Can I add homemade rice water to it since it is high on proteins(which will dramatically improve our hair texture)? Keep writing more such DIYs *drool* 🙂