WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Pimples on Lips
Pimples can show up anywhere on your face – forehead, cheeks, chin, nose, but the most painful place for them to show up is probably on the lips. It’s relatively easy to tackle pimples anywhere on the face because you can think a multitude of ways to clear them quickly – by applying toothpaste, by using clindaymcin or benzoyl peroxide ointment, etc. But what do you do when the pimple establishes itself on your upper or lower lip? Fret not, we have got a list of remedies when you get pimples on lips. Basically, since there are no oil glands on the lips itself, pimples usually show up around the lip area or on the lip lines. Often cold sores (a herpes infection) are mistaken to be pimples, but cold sores appear in a cluster and look inflamed while a pimple is a single pus-filled entity that feels tender to touch. Ewww, that’s a lot of information, now let’s just back to how get rid of pesky pimples:
Why Do We Get Pimples on lips:
There are two main reasons why pimples usually land on or around our lip area – allergy to a particular lip product or overactive sebaceous glands when a women is on her periods.
While the immediate remedy to hide a pimple on the lips is to cover it up with a good concealer, here are a few ways where you can get them off your lips faster.
Ways to Get Rid of Pimples on Lips
1. Use a salicylic acid cleanser: The best ingredient that can fight acne without any side effect is salicylic acid. Neutrogena Acne Free Face Wash, Kama Ayurveda Anti Acne Cleansing Foam, Kaya Purifying Cleanser, Saslic DS face wash, Salicure, are easily available salicylic acid products that you can use to clean your skin and heal acne quickly.
2. Tea Tree Oil Spot Treatment: Tea tree oil is a naturally-derived ingredient with acne-fighting anti-bacterial properties. Since tea tree oil is a very potent ingredient and cannot be applied on the lips because it’s a sensitive area compared to the face, one needs to dilute it with a carrier oil, water or rose water. Add a few drops of pure tea tree oil in rose water or plain water and mix thoroughly. Apply it on to the lips with a cotton round and let it remain overnight. When you wake up in the morning, either the pimple would have vanished or would have reduced considerably in size. Our suggestions: The Body Shop Tea Tree Anti-Imperfection Daily Solution, Kama Ayurveda Tea Tree Essential Oil
3. Cinnamon oil + coconut oil spot treatment: While powdered cinnamon face pack with honey is widely popular for spot treatment of facial pimples, for a painful breakout on your lips, you can mix one or two drops of cinnamon oil in coconut oil and apply it on to the pimple with a q tip. Cinnamon oil has antimicrobial properties that also helps soothe inflammation and redness. One good cinnamon oil product that we can suggest is Kama Ayurveda Cinnamon Essential Oil. Our suggestion – Kama Ayurveda Cinnamon Oil, Aroma Magic Cinnamon Oil.
4. Kaolin and rose water clay mask: Kaolin clay mask is a good method to control your overactive sebaceous gland and to dry out the pimple. For spot treatment of lip pimple, mix a little quantity of kaolin clay with rose water and apply directly on to the pimple and leave overnight. Kaolin clay pulls out impurities from the skin without causing any redness or inflammation. It absorbs excess oil and detoxifies skin.
5. Sandalwood powder and rose water pack: You would have probably heard from your grandma about how effective sandalwood is to calm and soothe the skin. Whip up a smooth pack by mixing just a bit of sandalwood powder with rose water and apply it directly on to the skin. Sandalwood powder not only calms irritated and inflamed skin, it has anti-microbial activity that works on acne-causing bacteria. Our suggestion – Khadi Herbal Sandalwood Face Pack
6. Neem pack: We do not need to tell you about the amazing benefits of using acne for the treatment of acne. Neem, works in the same way, on a lip pimple too. Neem is full of healing properties, and it works in both ways in acne treatment, by soothing as well as fighting microbial activity. Make a pack with pure powder by mixing it with water or a bit of yoghurt.
7. Ice cube cold compress treatment: Applying an ice cube over the lip pimple will not only shrink it down, it will also provide immediate relief from inflammation and pain. We suggest you to wrap the ice cube in a cloth and then dab it gently over the pimple. You can also add chamomile tea and mint leaves in the cubes to expedite relief. Here’s how you can make such ice cubes.
8. Honey treatment for lip pimple: Honey has antiseptic properties and prevents the growth of acne-causing bacteria. Raw honey when applied on the skin soothes inflammation and calms irritated skin. You can apply raw honey directly on to the affected area and leave it overnight.
9. Turmeric and honey face pack: Just a bit of turmeric won’t hurt anyone, right? In fact, this super-remedy to fight off pimple will help you get rid of the nasty lip pimple super quickly. Just take a pinch of turmeric and add just a bit of honey and apply the mix with the help of a q tip on to the pimple. After the pimple vanishes, you can heave a sigh of relief!
10. Aloe vera treatment: They don’t call aloe vera the magical plant for nothing! It can cure a plethora of skin issues and acne is just one of them. In fact, aloe vera with its soothing and healing properties, works on its own on pimples to eliminate them. Just apply a little bit of pure aloe vera gel on the pimple and leave it overnight for the gel to work its magic. You can make your own aloe vera gel this way, or else, we recommend these gels that work really well on skin. Our suggestions: Patanali Aloe Vera Gel, Brihan’s aloe vera gel.
Hope any of these ways helps disappear pimples on lips for you. 🙂
How To Remove Deep Acne Scars or Pimple Holes on Face
10 Amazing Ways To Get Rid of Whiteheads Overnight
7 Effective Ways to Get Rid of Clogged Oil Glands on Face
Home Remedies to Remove Shoulder and Back Acne in a Week