Details: Sally Hansen Advanced Hard as Nails a revolutionary formula that smoothens hydrates and nourishes nails. Ridged and imperfect appearance of nails is reduced by soy and omega 3. Also, the copper peptides and retinol provides extreme hydration to brittle, rough and dry nails.
• Long lasting nail color
• Provides extra strength to nails
• No more imperfect and ridged nails
• Intense hydration to rough nails
• Healthy and hard look to nails
How it Works: Breakthrough formula nourishes, hydrates & smoothes nails. Retinol & copper peptides deliver intense hydration to dry, thirsty nails. Omega 3 & soy reduce the appearance of ridges & imperfections. Nylon fortifies nails and helps prevent chipping, splitting & peeling. Exclusive perfect glide Brushtm provides ultra smooth flawless color.
You’ll Get: Harder, healthy looking nails and silky-shiny color that last all week long.
Price: INR 475 for 13.3 ml.
Packaging: The nail color bottle comes intact in a card, in which all the details & ingredients are mentioned. Look quite nice. The nail paint comes in an asymmetric glass bottle. With a steel color cap, the handle of the brush applicator is quite long, it eases application of the nail color, and the bristles are soft they’re not very dense or thin, spreads easily for easy application on any kind of nail shape at once.
My Take on Sally Hansen Advanced Hard as Nails Nail Color in Jewel Frost:
Claims: It claims to give your nails extra strength, and yes it does works great in making my nails harder from soft. It’s apt for those who have very brittle nails that easily break.
• Peeling of nails: It does smoothes the harsh or uneven ridges that a peel nail creates and it appears really bad. My nails peels a lot, it did work a bit in smoothening it but didn’t treated it.
• Healthy Looking nails & Intense Hydration: I don’t know how my nails would feel hydrated :P, but it does relates with the fact of making the nails smooth and less appearance of harsh ridges. But it makes my nails healthy, when I took off the color, my nails were shining white and were looking in much better condition than before, also my nails didn’t turn yellowish, which is the main problem we face after removing every nail paint.
• Flawless color that lasts: Now this claim doesn’t make sense. The color definitely looks brighter and shiny and doesn’t fade after a week, but what is the use of the bright color, if the nail paint starts chipping from the 3rd or 4th day only, I didn’t use any base or top coat. I did not wash utensils or touch harsh detergents. This claim is really not true.
Shade: “Jewel Frost” is a frosty dusty pink shade, with mauve undertones to it, the nail paints contains micro mini silver shimmers in it, which gives the color a reflective sheen. It’s really a pretty neutral pink shade, apt to wear for office. And will suit most of skin tones, won’t makes hands look dark.
Consistency: The consistency is not very runny thin or thick. It’s just perfect, it’ll not drip or become thick sticky, no matter how much you use it or how long it’s kept.
Texture & Pigmentation: The only thing I liked in this nail paint is the creamy, satin smooth kind of texture it has. It looks so smooth on nails. The nail paint is highly pigmented, you’ll get opaque color, with no streaky line visible in just 1 swipe, and well 2 coats will be perfect.
Finish: The nail paint gives very glossy, satin and reflective finish on nails.
Pros of Sally Hansen Advanced Hard as Nails Nail color in Jewel Frost:
• A very beautiful rusty pink shade, with mauvish undertones.
• Will suit every skin tone from fair to dark.
• I think this kind of shade is unique, as you’ll find this type of color from very high end brands only.
• Gives extra strength to soft, brittle nails, makes them really harder.
• Brush is very nice, covers complete nail in 2 strokes.
• Texture is very creamy and satiny.
• The nail color is extremely pigmented, no streaking in 1 coat, it goes almost opaque.
• Finish is very glossy and reflective.
• Helps in smoothing the peeled nail ridges up to some extent.
• Makes nails healthy and doesn’t make them yellowish.
• Quantity is okay for the price.
Cons of Sally Hansen Advanced Hard as Nails Nail Color in Jewel Frost:
• The nail paint chips very quickly from the 3rd day only. Within a week it goes worsen. May be it would hold true to the claims, if I had used a base & top coat.
• Availability of Sally Hansen nail colors easily in India.
Recommendation: Yes, I will surely recommend this shade to everyone. They worth a try.
IMBB Rating: 4.2/5.
Sally Hansen Double Duty Base and Top Coat
Sally Hansen Gel Cuticle Remover
Sally Hansen Lip Inflation Extreme – Sheer Cherry
Sally Hansen Hard As Nails Hardener
Sally Hansen Cornsilk Skin Brightener
Sally Hansen Creme Hair Bleach
Sally Hansen Kwik Off Moisturizing Nail Color Remover
Sally Hansen Lip Inflation Extreme Lip Gloss – Sheer Bare
Sally Hansen Salon Manicure Cuticle Eraser + Balm
Sally Hansen Cornsilk Skin Brightener
Sally Hansen Pedicure in a Minute
Sally Hansen Lip Inflation Extreme – Sheer Pink