Today I am here with my first product review from the brand Sally Hansen. Yes, I recently bought Sally Hansen’s diamond lip treatment lip gloss. The name of the shade sounds interesting, I loved the gloss and the shade is great to wear on your honeymoon, on the beach with your hubby,without being too heavily dramatic and dark made up, it is a light beautiful red lip gloss.
Product Details (As from the website):
• Unique crystalline technology creates a 3-D shine and shimmer.
• Lips look full, luminous and more beautiful.
• Stops dry lips!
• Visibly builds contour of lips and fills in fine lines with Shea Butter and Vitamins.
• Triple action treatment plumps, smoothes and conditions lips!
Packaging: The packaging is not up to the mark compared to the price, but it’s kind of girly. The gloss comes in a rectangular tube and a see-through plastic bottle, with a silver cap. Personally, I liked the brush applicator, it has the perfect thickness, to apply the gloss precisely and evenly on lips, it picks enough amount of gloss for a single swipe application.
My Take on Sally Hansen Diamond Lip Treatment- Honeymoon Red
Color, Texture & Pigmentation: The shade “honeymoon red” appears as a fuchsia/ hot pink gloss in the bottle, and yes it’s really a fuchsia colored gloss with very minute diamond like sparkling multi-color shimmers in it, but on lips it appears somewhat a red color. So that’s why I think they named it “Honeymoon red”. I liked the color of the gloss very much, especially the high shine & sparkle it gives on the lips, the shimmers in it aren’t gritty. The shine of the gloss is awesome, it is very true to its name. Due to the high shine of the shimmers in the gloss, it makes it a party wear. The gloss can be worn on a daily basis for offices and party too. The gloss has a very mild artificial fragrance in it, which is not going to bother sensitive noses.
The texture of the gloss is really creamy & moisturizing. It’s not a very sticky gloss, unlike those “Lakme Absolute Glosses”. It has a thick consistency, which doesn’t weigh down lips and isn’t sticky at all. It provides ample of moisturization on lips, which can be felt for long. It’s really like a treatment for dry, unhealthy lips, I have slightly pigmented lips (it’s not naturally pigmented, it depends upon some factors like tea, coffee intake), but the flaws of my lips are nicely hidden by this gloss, my lips feel soft & supple and much pinker then before.
Staying Power: The gloss has an average staying power, it stayed on me for 2.5- 3 hrs without eating anything. Though the red color does fade away after 1.5 – 2 hrs, and a shiny layer of gloss is left behind.
Pros of Sally Hansen Diamond Lip Treatment- Honeymoon Red
• Though not very true to its name, but a very nice pinkish red shade.
• Will suit every skin tone and is perfect to wear parties too.
• The shine of the shimmers in the gloss is awesome.
• Texture of the gloss is really smooth.
• Applicator is good and helps in even application of the gloss.
• The gloss has a very right amount of pigmentation.
• Can be worn alone or over a lipstick.
• Is really very hydrating, provides hydration throughout.
• The fragrance is very mild hence will not bother sensitive noses.
• Packaging is very girly.
Cons of Sally Hansen Diamond Lip Treatment – Honeymoon Red
• The only thing that bothers me is the average staying power, but can’t complain much from a gloss.
• Girls with arker lips can wear it over any lipstick; it’ll not alter the real color of your lipstick.They cannot wear this alone.
• Contain parabens.
Recommendation/ Re-purchase on Sally Hansen Diamond Lip Treatment – Honeymoon Red – Yes, definitely the pinkish red color and the high shine of the gloss will make it every girl’s must-have. I won’t complain about the staying power, the multi colored shimmers and the diamond like shine of the gloss floored me.
I’ll buy the other shades in this range.