Today I’m reviewing another one of my favorite nail paints from the brand Sally Hansen. I bought this nail over a year ago and I like it so much, I literally use it like a miser so I don’t finish it up fast LOL! It’s from Sally Hansen’s HI-Definition range of nail paints and the shade is called ‘Pixel Pretty’. The shade is a blend of peacock green and turquoise colors respectively. It’s a very summery color even though it’s a bright nail paint. Read on to know why I love this nail paint so much!
• Nail Color for more beautiful nails and a more beautiful you
• Introducing the Latest Fashion Accessory For Nails!
* The Color: Pure, vivid pigments with multi-dimensional color & vibrance.
* The Technology: Patented formula with Real Liquid Crystals for multi-dimensional color and iridescent shine!
* The Result: Dazzling, Lustrous High-Definition Color.
* Available in 8 Luminous Shades!
* Toluene, DBP, and Formaldehyde free.
Product price: $4-$6 for 13.3 ml (I bought it for around HKD 60 which is INR 500 approx.)
My take on Sally Hanen Hi-Definition nail lacquer in the shade Party Pretty:
Packaging: the packaging of the Hi-definition range of nail paints is similar to the Diamond strength range; Chunky bottle with a semi cylindrical brush handle. The bottle is made of good quality glass and I know after dropping it on the floor quite a number of times that is unbreakable. The bottle is travel friendly and sturdy. The brush is thin and curved at the edges that makes the application of the nail paint easy, quick, neat and precise.
Shade: Pixel Pretty is a turquoise blue color with micro shimmer particles. It is a very beautiful shade of blue; perfect for a nice evening glam look. It’s a high definition nail color (when I spotted this Sally Hansen nail paint, I was like WHAAA?) it has very minute shimmer particles and a patent/metallic finish. It is not like any of those run-of the mill shimmer nail paints. It’s a mix between shimmer and matte. It gives a satin-y look to the nails.
Texture: there’s only one reason why I love Sally Hansen nail paints the most- it’s their texture. Anyone who has tried a Sally Hansen nail paint will agree with me on this one. These nail paints feel so so soooo smooth on nails and the amazing part is, for however long you wear this nail paint, the texture remains as smooth as it was on the first day. The application is also uber smooth and precise, thanks to the fine bristled brush.
Color payoff: in swatch, I have used only two coats of the nail paint without any top coat. One coat looks kind of sheer but two coats work perfectly for me. The shade doesn’t fade after a few days of application, like some nail paints do. Another thing, this nail paint dries super quickly, like within 30 seconds or so.
Longevity: the maximum I’ve worn this nail is for a week and during that time, I didn’t notice any chipping. The texture and the shade did not change at all. It’s not one of those nail paints that chip mad or start fading after 2 days only. What’s not to love about this one? 😀
Pros of Sally Hansen Hi-Definition nail paint in Pixel pretty:
• Value for money, considering the quantity and that a little goes a long way
• HD formula, relatively new and interesting concept for a nail paint. The HD formula gives the nails a beautiful satin-y look.
• Doesn’t chip or fade
• The nail paint dries super quickly
• Doesn’t lose the shine after a few days or so. Remains as it is for however long you wear this nail paint.
• Super smooth texture
• Sturdy and edgy packaging
• Has a beautiful metallic shine to it.
Cons of Sally Hansen Hi-Definition nail paint in Pixel pretty:
• Not easily available in India
• Not a good option for those who don’t like nail paints with shimmer/ too much shine.
• Since it appears like a neon shade at times, it may not suit certain skin tones.
• After owning this nail paint for over a year now, I’ve noticed that the texture has slightly changed over time.
Will I repurchase it/ do I recommend Sally Hansen HD nail colors?
I don’t like repurchasing the same shade of nail paints at least over and over again, so I’ll skip repurchasing it but I will surely purchase more nail paints from Sally Hansen. and yes, I do recommend this nail paint. It’s worth the money spent on it.
IMBM Rating: 4/5
Conclusion: it’s one of those nail paints that I always go back to when I am confused over what nail paint to apply. It’s perfect for an evening glam look.