Today I am reviewing a nail paint from my favorite nail-care brand, Sally Hansen. It is Sally Hansen’s Hi-Definition nail lacquer in the shade Laser which is a shimmery, duochrome vibrant blue color. Read on to find out more about it.
Product description: Innovators in everything beauty; from hand, foot and body care to lip treatment and quality beauty tools.
• Nail Color for more beautiful nails and a more beautiful you
• Introducing the Latest Fashion Accessory For Nails!
* The Color: Pure, vivid pigments with multi-dimensional color & vibrance.
* The Technology: Patented formula with Real Liquid Crystals for multi-dimensional color and iridescent shine!
* The Result: Dazzling, Lustrous High-Definition Color.
* Available in 8 Luminous Shades!
* Toluene, DBP, and Formaldehyde free.
Product price: $4-$6 for 13.3 ml (I bought it for around HKD 60 which is INR 500 approx.)
My take on Sally Hansen High Definition Nail Lacquer in Shade Laser:
Packaging: The packaging of HD nail paints is similar to that of the Diamond Strength nail paints. These come in chunky bottles with semi cylindrical brush handle. It has a decent and classy packaging. The ingredients are mentioned at the back of the bottle which is another plus point. The brush is thin and slightly curved at the edges that eases the application as well as makes it precise.
Shade: Laser is a duochrome vibrant, electric blue color. Generally, whenever I am shopping for nail paints, the color I most frequently tend to go in for is blue or shades of blue. It compliments my skin tone the best. So it was no surprise that I was going to buy Laser from the Hi-definition range of Sally Hansen’s nail paints. Laser also has a hint of pink and purple shimmer in it. It looks absolutely gorgeous on nails, with its minute shimmer particles and metallic finish.
Texture: Like I keep rambling in all my posts on Sally Hansen nail paints, the texture of these nail paints is my most favorite part about them. They are extremely smooth in texture and feel like satin on nails and the texture doesn’t change at all, no matter for how long you’ve applied it on nails.
Color payoff: The HD nail paints are sheer but the color is buildable. Two coats give a muted electric blue color and at least 4-5 coats are needed to get the color as it appears in the bottle. Though not long ago, I discovered a technique of wearing this nail paint (Thanks to Pinterest), I now wear it two coats on top of black nail paint and color is just as gorgeous as it is after 4-5 coats. Since this nail paint already has a satin/metallic finish, it does not require being finished off with a top coat.
Longevity: The nail paint lasts on me a good 4 days without any major chipping, after that, it starts chipping. The color does not fade on the nails nor does the texture change while it’s applied on the nails over 4 days or so, it remains the same all throughout.
Pros of Sally Hansen High Definition Nail Lacquer in Shade Laser:
• Super smooth in texture
• Beautiful satin finish
• Thin, curved brush eases the application of the nail paint and also makes it precise.
• When worn over a black nail paint, requires only 2 coats.
• Doesn’t chip or fade like some other Sally Hansen nail paints do.
• It dries almost instantly on the nails.
• Sturdy and edgy packaging.
Cons of Sally Hansen High Definition Nail Lacquer in Shade Laser:
• The HD range is not available in India.
• Overpriced (kind of) for a nail paint.
• Not for those who like matte nail paints.
• Requires good 4-5 coats to get the color as it appears in the bottle.
• Easily dupable shade/ nothing new or creative about it.
• It has a metallic/stain finish, and appears neon under certain lighting, so it may or may not suit some skin tones.
Will I repurchase it/ do I recommend it?
No, I won’t repurchase it because I don’t go through my nail paints that fast but I do recommend this to all those who want to try a nice Sally Hansen nail paint.
IMBB Rating: 3.5/5
Sally Hansen Hi-Definition nail paint in Pixel pretty
Sally Hansen Triple Shine Nail Lacquer, Kelp Out
Sally Hansen Maximum Shield
Sally Hansen Double Duty Base and Top Coat
Sally Hansen Creme Hair Bleach
Sally Hansen Cornsilk Skin Brightener