Continuing with my reviews of the Sally Hansen Insta Dri nail polishes, I am today reviewing 3 more shades. The shades are Lively Lilac, Rev’d Up and In Prompt Blue. Read on to find out how they fared on me.
$4.99. Prices may vary from store to store.
Nail color covers in just one coat, brilliantly. The Perfectionist Brush™ contours to any nail, so color always glides on precisely, quickly, flawlessly. And, the exclusive Flexiglass Complex combines beautiful, brilliant shine and super-strong wear. So simple, so Sally.
My Experience with Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Nail Colors – Lively Lilac, Rev’d Up, In Prompt Blue:
Packaging: The Insta-Dri range comes in a stylish triangular-shaped glass bottles. This unique shape makes the bottle quite handy. The bottle is not bulky at all, but at the same time, it is quite sturdy. This range comes with a flat brush which I absolutely love. It makes the application very easy, precise and mess-free.
Consistency/Color Payoff: The shades from this range typically have a slightly thick consistency, but they do spread easily and go very smoothly on the nails. In fact, the texture combined with the flat brush makes for one of the most hassle-free application of nail polishes that I have come across. All the colors that I am reviewing today have decent pigmentation, but I still apply two coats to cover any visible nail line and get an even finish.
Drying Power: The nail polishes do live up to the name “Insta-Dri” and dry in less than a minute.
Staying Power: The staying power of this range is not the greatest and the shades stay put for around 3 days or so. They start to fade around the edges by the 4th day.
Finish: The finish of all the shades that I am reviewing today is glossy crème.
Now, for some detailed review of each of the colors:
1. Lively Lilac: Lively Lilac is true to its name and is a very lovely delicate lilac shade. It makes the hands look pretty and dainty. This is a shade quite appropriate for office wear or any other formal occasions.
2. Rev’d Up: Not sure why this one’s called Rev’d Up! I personally would associate Rev’d Up with a bright bold full on in-your-face nail polish. This particular shade is anything but that. It is a very pretty cornflower blue. It is one of those sweet girly shades which look best in slightly warm spring months. Whatever may be the name, the shade is lovely and will appeal to a wide set of people.
3. In Prompt Blue: In Prompt Blue is the brightest of the lot and is a bright royal blue. This is a kind of shade I associate with the ocean and it instantly transports me to vacation land 😛 It is quite bright and hence not all will like it, but blue lovers should surely try this one out. This particular shade stains nails and I would recommend using a base coat.
Pros of Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Nail Colors – Lively Lilac, Rev’d Up, In Prompt Blue:
- Dries very fast.
- Beautiful shades of blue and purple.
- Glossy crème finish.
- Very good consistency of polish, applies well.
- Quite affordable.
Cons of Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Nail Colors – Lively Lilac, Rev’d Up, In Prompt Blue:
- Staying power is average.
- In Prompt Blue stains nails.
Would I Repurchase Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Nail Colors – Lively Lilac, Rev’d Up, In Prompt Blue?
Yes, I would surely recommend you to try these out if you like the colors. I would surely try out other colors from this range.
Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Show Steel-er, Slick Slate, Grease Lightning Nail Color
Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Nail Color Cherry Fast, Pumped up Pink, Expresso
Sally Hansen Chartreuse Chase Insta-Dri Nail Lacquer
Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Nail Lacquer – Violet Voom
Sally Hansen Pronto Purple Insta-Dri Nail Lacquer
Sally Hansen Hard As Nails Xtreme Wear Nail Colors
Sally Hansen Hard As Nails Steely Gaze, Set in Stone, and Crystal Clear