Summer is the season where the outfit is usually hassle free so more attention is paid to the accessorizing, make-up etc. As opposed to the winter season where the clothes are so layered already and bulky that there is at most times no space left for accessorizing, summer is all about accessorizing. Accessorizing does not only mean wearing a chunky neckpiece or danglers. Sometimes I like to accessorize my whole outfit with only one accessory- a nice nail paint. So today I’m reviewing a nail paint, as you all would have guessed by now. It’s from none other than my favorite brand- Sally Hansen from the Maximum nail growth range and the shade is called Copper Glamour. Read on to find more about it.
Product description: Sally Hansen Nail growth Miracle features:
• Exclusive protein complex prompts fast nail growth For soft, bitten, thin or damaged nails that just won’t grow.
• Soy protein binds moisture to nails – strengthening & lengthening without brittleness
• Keratin helps protect nails against splitting, cracking and tearing
• Collagen and multi-vitamins stimulate healthy nail growth for visibly longer, beautiful nails in 5 days
• See the visible growth of your free edge nail in 5 days – Guaranteed to measure 30% longer.
Product price: $4-$6 for 13.3 ml
My take on Sally Hansen maximum growth nail lacquer in Copper Glamour:
Packaging: it comes in a very ordinary looking glass bottle with a metal handle brush applicator that is in fact quite secure. Unlike the previous Sally Hansen nail paints that I reviewed, this nail paint doesn’t come with the flat brush, but the regular thin kind. The brush is really smooth and the bristles are thin yet firm which ease the application and make it precise.
Shade and texture: The shade Copper Glamour is a n*de copper color and looks very subtle and understated. There is nothing extraordinary about this shade and it’s easily dupable but the only reason I got it was because I had tried a couple of Sally Hansen nail prior to this one and I was and am thoroughly impressed by the quality of these. This nail paint has sheen to it and the amazing part is that it remains as it is until I remove the nail paint altogether. The nail paint is very, very smooth though is also a bit sloppy and runny in texture. It’s one of those shades that I like to apply on days when I’m neither in the mood of going overboard with my bright nails nor want to settle for a clear nail paint.
Color payoff: in the swatch, I have applied three coats of the nail paint since I had to click swatch pics; with no base coat and no top coat. But generally, I apply only two coats and that’s sufficient.
Longevity: The color stays as it is even after 5 days of application and doesn’t really fade like some nail paints do. Though it does starts chipping at the tips after 3 days or so. Again, I can’t really say anything about the nail growth claim as my nail growth is pretty good on its own too.
Pros of Sally Hansen maximum growth nail lacquer in Copper Glamour:
• N*de shade that will suit all skin tones
• Smooth brush applicator. It also makes the application precise and easy.
• Has a shine to it
• Affordable and I’m sure it will last me a long time
• Has a smooth texture
• Two coats and it easily last son my nails for 5+ days.
Cons of Sally Hansen maximum growth nail lacquer in Copper Glamour:
• The packaging is not at all attractive
• Starts chipping at the tips after 3 days or so
• Slightly runny in texture
• Takes a long time to dry
• I didn’t find any extraordinary/miraculous nail growth.
Do I recommend/ will I repurchase Sally Hansen Maximum Nail Growth Plus Nail Lacquer – Copper Glamour?
I won’t buy the same shade again but will definitely try some other shades from Sally Hansen. And I do recommend it.
IMBB Rating: 3/5
Sally Hansen Triple Shine Nail Lacquer, Kelp Out
Sally Hansen Maximum Shield
Sally Hansen Double Duty Base and Top Coat
Sally Hansen Creme Hair Bleach
Sally Hansen Cornsilk Skin Brightener
Ponds Age Miracle Concentrated Resurfacing Serum
Ponds Age Miracle Daily Resurfacing Cream with SPF15
Lancome Teint Miracle Foundation
Lancome Miracle Perfume
MUA Glamour Days Eyeshadow Palette Review
Copper Eye Makeup Tutorial