As I mentioned in my earlier post, I had an awesome experience undergoing facial at a salon near my place. Though the salon person used the Lotus Herbals facial kit, I noticed that the products used does not matter that much. It was the techniques and the massage that made all the difference and gave a wonderful result. Until a few days ago, I too was averse to the idea of getting facial done at a parlour and sniggered at the thought of it, but this experience changed my outlook. I also think I could share some tips from that session for people who like to do their own facials in the peace of their home.
You can incorporate these tips in your regular facial routines to get the desired results.
- Always, sit for a facial when you have free time. Don’t rush it because it won’t serve any purpose. You need to devote at least one hour to one-and-hour for a facial session.
- Keep round cotton pads, clean wash cloth, cold water, and ice ready before the facial. You will need them quite often during the facial session.
- Use a head band to keep the hair away from your face. Its very annoying when the products stick on to the hair.
- Keep the products of your facial kit in the refrigerator half an hour before the facial. The cool feeling adds to the whole salon experience.
- Start off with a good cleanser, preferably a foaming cleanser (Biotique Honey Cleanser).
- Next, use a mild scrub (St. Ives) and massage it on the face and neck area for 3 minutes. Wipe it off with a clean wash cloth.
- Next, you can steam your face lightly (mind you very lightly) with a portable home sauna. With light steam, the blackheads and whiteheads do come off easily.
- Use a blackhead remover tool to clear blackheads and whiteheads off your nose and chin area.
- Now, use a massage cream in a circular motion in a clockwise and anti-clockwise direction. Devote a considerable time for this process. Dry-skinned ladies should use a cream-based massage cream (Lotus Herbals Wheatnourish Cream or Biotique Bio Quince Seed Cream), and oily-skinned ladies should use gel-based massage cream (VLCC Acne Control Clove Massage Gel or Nature’s Essence Aloe Vera Gel. Wipe off with a clean wash cloth.
- Apply a face pack according to your skin type. Apply a mud pack (Fab India Haldi Chandan Mud Pack) if you have oily skin and a nourishing pack (Shahnaz Husain Chocolate Face Pack) if you have dry skin. Keep it on for 15 minutes and while doing this step, put cotton rounds dipped in rose water on your eyes.
- Take a bowl full of chilled water and dip a clean wash cloth or cut-out face mask in it and put it on your face until the wash cloth becomes semi dry. This process is to close the open pores on the face.
Now, awaken to a clean, toned up, smooth facial skin.
I have found that following these steps does a whole lot of good and your at-home facials will show good results. Try it out and let me know how it worked for you 🙂
How To Get Youthful Hands
How To Choose The Right Perfume
How to Apply Pencil Eyeliner – tutorial
How to Fix Common Makeup Mistakes
How To Curl Hair Without Heat – Rags
How to Become Fair Naturally
How To Minimize A Large Forehead
How to Wear Belts
How To Perm Hair
How to Apply Liquid Foundation using Flat Top Kabuki Brush
How To Choose Foundation Shade for Skin