WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
My mother uses the Scholl Foot and Nail Cream and swears by it. I have used it a few times but did not find it to be a match against my staple Fabindia foot cream. So I was very sceptical that this scrub would work for me. Nevertheless, I purchased this on one my random trips to a lifestyle store (yes, lifestyle does house scholl products in its shoe section!) but did not use it for quiet sometime because I was so sure I was gonna hate it :p However, one fine evening when my feet were feeling really tired after a long walk I decided to experiment with this and I must say I was more than happy with the result 🙂 Here is an account of my experience with this product:
What it claims: Scholl Rough Remover has an intensive exfoliating action clinically proven to remove rough, hard skin and promote natural cell renewal, leaving your feet soft, smooth and conditioned.
● Highly Effective combination of natural pumice and fruit AHA’s
● Instant visible results
● 80 per cent of users report good/excellent results in 7 days
Directions: Apply to clean, dry skin. Massage over feet in a circular motion, then rinse. For best results use 2-3 times a week and follow with Scholl Foot and Nail Cream or Scholl Foot Cream Mousse.
My own directions: Even though the instructions call upon you to apply this on dry feet, I have seen that it works best once you have soaked your feet in warm water and wiped them clean followed by this scrub. The sequence I follo is: Soak-wipe- scrub-dry-smooth-moisturise
Price and Quantity: Rs.150 for 75 ml
The Good About Scholl Rough Skin Remover
● A good remedy for those whose heels are a problematic area and remain dry or rough in the winter climate. And it DOES soften dead, rough skin.
● Particularly effective after a long day of walking in flats.
● I experience no pain or discomfort while scrubbing my feet with it. Other than hydrating and smoothening my feet, it scrubs away all the dirt without feeling rough or abrasive on my skin.
● My feet feel very silky, even and smooth immediately after use and the effect lasts for about half a day.
● The fragrance: A mild, pleasant and very fresh smell that I find difficult to describe. However, the scent is just exactly how I would want my feet to smell.
● The packaging: comes in a portable tube with a flip cap that can be easily carried around even while travelling. Besides, a tube is more hygienic than using a potted product.
● The consistency: I like its cream like consistency which is neither too thick to rub in with your fingers nor too runny to keep turning your feet here and there to handle it! It also has embedded granules which act to exfoliate. It is best to spread a newspaper below your feet because as you scrub your feet out, these granules will turn powdery and fall down.
The Bad About Scholl Rough Skin Remover
● This isn’t a miraculous scrub. You have to persistently use this 2-3 times a week. However, if you already have healthy feet, this will help you in keeping them that way without much ado. 🙂 I use it only once a week. 🙂
● You have to soak your feet in warm water for quite sometime before you use it else it will show only negligible results. It won’t work if you try to use it straightaway while in your bath or on unsoaked feet 🙂
● It does require a bit of an effort to get the whole product off your feet or perhaps I am too lazy and get tired of going round and round over my feet :p
Verdict: A good buy and definitely worth more than its price 🙂
Would you purchase again?: Yes