WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Of late, with the change in weather conditions, I am presented with a situation to handle – a mild, oily dandruff. I am my lab rat and have been laying my hands on several products as dandruff is the most common hair problem we face and change in weather conditions could make it worse. Today, I would be sharing my experience with Sebamed Anti-Dandruff Shampoo. Before I move on to the review, long story short, this product is more suited for normal to oily scalp and if you have signs of mild dandruff issues, this could be a solution. Read to know more!
• Gentle cleansing shampoo with mild wash active substances and removing visible signs
• Supports and protects the acid mantle of the scalp for healthy hair
• Stabilizes the hair structure with the pH value of 5.5
• 100% soap and alkali-free
• Active ingredient Piroctone Olamine ensures the gentle removal of dandruff
• Mild wash active substances gently cleanse hair and scalp, removing visible signs of dandruff irritation
• Moisturizing and conditioning ingredients revitalize the hair, adding body and shine
• Daily hair care stabilizes oily scalp
• For normal to oily hair and scalp
• Especially well suited for the gentle removal of oily dandruff
• Dermatologically tested
630 INR for 200ml
My Experience with Sebamed Anti-Dandruff Shampoo:
There is nothing too flattering about Sebamed products in terms of packaging, smell and so on. They keep it simple and from my experience so far, you can expect good or best results. If not, atleast they are highly unlikely to disappoint you. I was using Matrix Biolage Scalp Therapie Anti-Dandruff Shampoo so far for any dandruff issues or tea-tree oil based shampoos and from what my history recalls, Biolage keeps dandruff under control or strictly under check. The contradictory feel of Sebamed and Biolage on your hair is that Sebamed Anti-Dandruff Shampoo is too drying while Biolage leaves an oily impact even after your hair wash.
One more thing I would like to mention here is that Biolage tends to promote oily scalp while this one does not. I plan to use this one along with Sebamed Hair Repair Conditioner. This anti-dandruff shampoo is comfortable in terms of smell, impact on scalp and leaves your hair fresh and dandruff free after a couple of washes.
But, there are certain issues that you can face with this one. First, it could be a little too dry on your hair so a conditioner is a must or a hair serum post wash would be required. Then, you are not likely to experience the feel-good factor post your hair wash but be open minded and remember that it is your dandruff that is being treated. That could be your consolation!
Pros of Sebamed Anti-Dandruff Shampoo:
• Packaging – comes in a white plastic sturdy bottle with no room for spillage with clear specifications and instructions
• Good results with your second wash
• Mild talcum powder like aroma which is alright for the shampoo and the purpose it serves
• Quantity – lasts about a month
• A treatment that is not harsh on the scalp – no itching or burning sensation or does not give any other uncomfortable feeling
Cons of Sebamed Anti-Dandruff Shampoo:
• A tad bit dry
• Not too light on your hair
• Does not provide rich lather
• They could have a conditioner for this range
• Initially, the dry flakes are likely to surface
• Not suited for dry scalp
• Not suited for winters when your scalp is more prone to be dry
Would I Repurchase/Recommend Sebamed Anti-Dandruff Shampoo?
I am not sure as I am still hoping for better results although I would purchase a Sebamed Hair Repair Conditioner as this leaves your hair very dry and I recommend this strictly for oily scalp.
A gentle rescue doctor for mild to moderate dandruff which proves to be very good especially for oily dandruff.
• Use it with twice a week initially and once a week for best results
• After good results, you can use anti-dandruff shampoo and the everyday shampoo alternatively
• Use Sebamed Hair Repair Conditioner to avoid dryness
• Use a hair serum best suited for your hair for better hair luster
• Always use shampoo and conditioner from the same family, in this case pair it up with Sebamed Hair Repair Conditioner
More User Reviews:
This shampoo was recommended to me by my dermatologist. I get really itchy scalp in Monsoons, and humid weather just adds on to the hair problems. This shampoo is really mild on the scalp but not too forgiving on hair. I mean it is a good cleansing shampoo for a healthy scalp; it doesn’t overdry my oily scalp, but dries out my already dry hair. So I need an extra boost of conditioning afterwards. Now being an anti-dandruff shampoo, it is not what I expected; I find the Vichy one that I reviewed earlier far better. I guess it is very mild shampoo which won’t work on stubborn dandruff. If you just need a gentle cleansing shampoo, this might be good buy. People with oily scalp and hair would love this.- Monika Madhwal
Sebamed Glowing Hand and Nail Balm
Sebamed Clear Face Cleansing Foam
Sebamed Deep Cleansing Facial Toner
Sebamed Clear Face Care Gel
Sebamed Anti-Ageing Hautstraffende Lotion with Q10
Loreal Instant clear Anti Dandruff shampoo
Himalaya Herbals Anti Dandruff Shampoo
Garnier Fructis Anti Dandruff Shampoo
Wella Professionals Clean Anti Dandruff Shampoo
Nizoral Shampoo Review – Bye Bye Dandruff