When it comes to skincare, there are a lot of basic and essential skin care tips which get neglected due to our busy lifestyle. These work the best than those expensive serums and creams, and if we follow them religiously, we all can get flawless and clear skin. So, without any further delay, let’s get started.
1. Do not Use Soap on the Face: No matter what your skin type – oily, combination, dry or sensitive – do not use soap on your face because the harsh chemicals in the soap disrupt the natural barrier of skin and leave it itchy and dry. Switch to soap-free cleansers and face washes instead.
2. Drink at least 2 litres of Water Every Day: It has almost become a cliche, but this simple trick can help you lose weight as well as clear up your skin really quick. We often do not drink enough water, especially when you are in an office tied up in work or travelling or being pure lazy. Solution? Set reminders! Yes, in today’s advanced world, we have so many useful technologies in and around ourself which we can use. Set reminders every hour on your mobile or laptops to drink water. Trust me it works!
3. Change your Pillow Covers and Sanitize your Phone: If you are noticing pimples on a particular side of the face, that’s because your pillow cover needs a change and the phone needs to be sanitized. Often these overlooked factors act as carriers and transfer acne-causing bacteria to your face. If you want to avoid zits, change pillow covers often and sanitize phone every other day.
4. Straighten up your Diet: Following a good diet such as the Rati Beauty diet not only helps you drop weight, it also clears up skin and makes it blemish free. Since this diet is all about eating healthy and nutritious food, you would in a short time, you would not only look great, you would feel great. Download the Rati Beauty app for more details.
5. Exercise at Least Four Times a Week: Yes, again we have heard so much about exercising, but do we really follow this rule? Determination to do workout is all that is required and once you have that, you are on the right track! The initial few days, you may feel that it’s not going to work out, but don’t give up and keep going, because you would not only look fit, improved blood circulation will help your skin a great deal because exercising increases your blood flow which in turn helps in pumping more blood and oxygen which in turn gives you that perfect glow on lifeless skin! Sweating actually is good for your skin, it throws away all the toxins and impurities from the skin and also opens up the pores which allows the skin to breathe better. Exercise will also help you with stress relief and high metabolism.
6. Keep your Hands Away from the Face: Avoid touching your face with the hands frequently, especially during day time, because while working, you don’t know where all you have touched and what all germs are present on your hands which then go to face and create acne and blemishes – learn always to sanitize hands first before touching the face.
7. Avoid Late Nights: Wondering why you are waking up with puffy face every morning? We know that we should at least sleep 7 hours of the day, but do we really get that much time from our partying, social gatherings, movie nights, online surfing, etc? This does not mean you can be awake the entire night and sleep during the day time. No, this will not help. In fact, it will damage the normal functioning of your body. Our human body needs sleep to repair the tissue wear and tear which happens during the day time. It requires the muscles to relax which helps their proper functioning increasing in blood flow and oxygen. If you get proper sleep, your dark circles will reduce, the facial skin will look plump and hydrated, clear up blemishes, and no more dull, and puffy face in the morning.
8. Keep Your Hair Away From Your Face: Have you noticed that every girl in today’s world has hairstyles in terms of layers, front bangs, fringes? It’s a fact that our hair accumulates a lot of dust, pollutants through the day and when hair touches the face, those pollutants and dust make their way into the skin and cause clogged pores, blackheads, acne, whiteheads, etc. Not everyone of us wash their hair every day, so what happens when these hair loaded with dirt start sticking to your face? Isn’t it obvious? Always try to keep your hair away from your face at least while sleeping. While travelling, tie a scarf around your hair to protect it from heat, dirt and pollution. Take special care if your hair is oiled because oil is good for your scalp not for your facial skin, not hair oil any way!
9. Moisturize, Moisturize, Moisturize: A majority of skincare woes are because of lack of moisturization. Make sure you are moisturizing your skin with a good fragrance-free moisturizer, depending on your skin type. Even if you have oily skin, you absolutely need to moisturize to keep skin clear and glowing. Here’s a list of “50 Best Moisturisers for Oily Acne Prone Skin” that you absolutely need to check out.
10. Exfoliate Skin with this fruit acid exfoliator and mask once a week to clear up skin and make it soft to touch.
Bonus Tip: Apply Beetroot Ice Cubes on the Skin:
Beetroots have been identified as one vegetable which can benefit skin amazingly well – applied topically as well as when made part of the daily diet. Beetroot detoxifies and cleanses the body, reduces inflammation, and prevents premature ageing with its abundant antioxidants and vitamin C, A, and K levels. Beetroot is great for weight loss as well because it is low in calories and is a good source of iron, folate, magnesium, and other essential minerals. Here’s how you can make beetroot ice cubes for glowing skin. Freeze your beetroot juice into ice cubes to reduce pimple size and brighten up skin tone. You can add squeeze in some lemon juice and add rose water as well for added benefits.
Hope this article was helpful, until next time, take care and stay beautiful!