WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Nobody is perfect, not even our B-town celebrities. Affairs and breakups are not unusual in tinsel town and stars often opt for second marriages when their first marriage does not work out. While some of these marriages break down to incompatibility and irreconcilable factors, there are other things which cause cracks in marriages. In this post, we will walk you through some of the well-known 10 Sensational Bollywood Second Marriages.
1. Saif Ali Khan and Kareena Kapoor Khan: This couple’s love story speaks of nothing less than royalty. From falling in love on the sets of “Tashan” to dating each other for about 5 years, Saif and Kareena’s love story has been no less than a magical journey. The chote nawaab of bollywood got married to his begum in 2012 in a complete royal affair. However, this was not the first marriage of Saif as he was earlier married to much older Amrita Singh against the wishes of his family. The marriage did not last long due and after a period of 13 years, Amrita and Saif parted ways. He also has a daughter, Sara and a son, Ibrahim from his first marriage. Saif’s marriage with the much younger Kareena Kapoor khan did not receive a warm applause from the industry as he was a divorcee and had a huge age gap with Kareena. Despite strong opposition, Saifeena finally tied the knot and became man and wife for life. The couple welcomed their first kid, Taimur Ali Khan in 2017 who is currently trending for his cute looks.
2. Aamir Khan and Kiran Rao: Mr. perfectionist has not been so lucky with his married life. The reason being his failed marriage with first wife, Reena Dutta. Aamir met Reena when he was still a teenager and was head-over-heels in love with his next-door girlfriend. The bond was so strong that Aamir eloped with his girlfriend in order to get married to her. This marriage sadly lasted for about 15 years. Aamir started getting close to his friend Kiran Rao who was then assisting Asutosh Gowarikar for the movie “Lagaan”. From friendship to gradually taking it to the next level, Mr. Perfectionist slowly paced things up and changed his relationship into love with Kiran. It was in the year 2002, Aamir and Reena officially got divorced and in 2005, Aamir Khan married Kiran Rao.
3. Boney Kapoor and Sridevi: The late Sridevi also known as the “Hawa-Hawai” of Bollywood got wooed by film producer and director, Boney Kapoor while he was still married to his first wife, Mona Kapoor. Sridevi while staying in Boney’s home during the 1995 Mumbai blasts got close to Boney Kapoor. The news of Sridevi’s pregnancy spread like wildfire which caused a rift in Boney and Mona’s marriage. Despite major opposition, Sridevi and Boney Kapoor exchanged wedding vows on June 2, 1996. In order to get married to Sridevi, he did not even think twice before leaving Mona Kapoor with his two kids, Arjun and Anshula Kapoor.
4. Dharmendra and Hema Malini: Superstar’s Dharmendra’s wedding with Prakash Kaur went kaput when he fell for the dream-girl of Bollywood, Hema Malini. Dharmendra married Prakash Kaur in 1954 when he was just 19 years old. Hema Malini was strictly against a relationship with Dharmendra was a married man with 3 kids. Little did she know that fate had planned something else for her. She too reciprocated to his love slowly even though a little later. Praksah Kaur was against this affair and did not want to divorce her husband. In order to get married to Hema malini, Dharmendra converted his religion to Islam. Although, Hema’s parents was against this wedding, Dharmendra final exchanged wedding vows with his lady love in 1979 after overcoming all hurdles.
5. Rani Mukherjee and Aditya Chopra: Rani Mukherji has been the leading lady of Yash Raj Films since her entry into Bollywood. Aditya was the eldest son of Yash Chopra and got into close proximity with Rani due to her frequent assignments with Yash raj films. Aditya was previously married to Payal Khanna and even had a daughter with her. After 7 years of married life, it is rumored that Aditya finally divorced his first wife to be with his lady-love Rani Mukherji. The duo got married in a hush-hush wedding ceremony in Italy with only close friends and family in attendance. Rani lately even gave birth to Aditya’s daughter, Adira Chopra.
6. Shilpa Shetty and Raj Kundra: Raj Kundra was earlier married to London-based Kavita, but it is alleged that he got smitten with Shilpa Shetty. Raj Kundra was a smart and dashing businessman from London and he divorced his first wife and married the hot and gorgeous Shilpa Shetty. Even though, Raj defended his actions saying he left Kavita twelve months before meeting Shilpa, the reality is best known to them. After all the drama surrounding his first marriage ended, Raj and Shilpa tied the knot on November 22, 2009 and welcomed their first child, Vihaan soon after.
7. Raveena Tandon and Anil Thadani: Anil Thadani met Raveena Tandon on the sets of the movie, “Stumped”. He started falling for the sensuous diva of B-town, Raveena tandon while he was still married to film producer Ramu Sippy’s daughter, Natasha Sippy. It is alleged that Anil’s growing proximity to Raveena caused cracks in his first marriage with Natasha. Soon after, film distributor Anil filed for a divorce to part ways with his first wife. Natasha even blamed Raveena for breaking their marriage. In 2004, Anil happily walked into aisle for the second time with Raveena tandon and has been happy with her ever since.
8. Helen and Salim Khan: Bollywood sensation and dancing girl Helen’s marriage to famous Indian film scriptwriter, Salim Khan came as a shock as Salim Khan married Helen without divorcing his first wife, Salma. The surprising fact is that there is no bitterness between Salim Khan’s wives and they share a great rapport. Helen, being a nice stepmom has a good relationship with the children of Salim with his first wife – Salman Khan, Arbaaz Khan, Sohail Khan and Alvira. Touchwood to this trio! We just wish them happiness for a lifetime.
9. Juhi Chawla and Jay Mehta: The owner of Mehta group, Jay Mehta’s wedding with Juhi Chawla was not due to the result of any infidelity with other women. Jay was first married to to Yash Birla’s sister, Sujata Birla. Sadly, Sujata lost her life in a plane crash five years after their marriage in 1990. Jay who was already good friends with Juhi Chawla, a former Miss India and B-town actress tied the nuptial knot with her in 1995. Initially, the marriage was kept under wraps, but eventually, Juhi did accept her choice of being someone’s second wife.
10. Shabana Azmi and Javed Akhtar: Honey Irani was madly in love with Javed Akhtar when the couple decided to exchange wedding vows in 1972. They also became proud parents to Zoya Akhtar and Farhan Akhtar. Honey and Javed Akhtar separated after a few years of marriage and Javed Akhtar met Shabana Azmi and tied the knot in a simple Muslim wedding when his divorce with first wife got finalised.
Our article comes to an end. So, these B-town celebs followed a different path of life by being married for the second time. What do you have to say about these marriages? Let us know in the comments section below.