Sephora Disney Cinderella Palette Review
By Neha Shukla
I have never been so mesmerized by an eyeshadow palette. I saw Sephora’s promotion for it and I knew that very instant that I had to have it. For those of you ladies unaware of what I’m talking about, I’m talking about Sephora and Disney getting together to create a line of products inspired by Disney’s most famous princess – Cinderella! They put out a line of lipsticks, nail paints, a beautiful-beautiful compact mirror, an eyeshadow, quad and an eyeshadow palette. I personally found the eyeshadow palette spell bounding and purchased it the day it was available online and God am I happy!
Where To Buy:
I bought mine from Sephora online, but I believe they are sold out online in America (in preparation for next princess collection with Jasmine!!! Aaaaaahhh…. **Faints**). But it is still available at various places online like the good old eBay, Amazon, and in most Sephora stores (that is what they told me; mine had a bunch in stock).
You get 0.70 ounces (0.035 x 20) or 19.9 grams (0.99 x 20) of total product which is 20 eyeshadows; which is a pretty standard eyeshadow size in a palette. It doesn’t seem like much but it will definitely last you a while. Sephora and Disney describe it as the following: “Begin a journey with this dazzling collection of fairy tale-inspired shadows. Original artwork created by Disney portrays Cinderella’s magical moment with elaborate silver and gold detailing. Inside, a luxurious velveteen tray holds a variety of shimmering shades, each customized to match the original pantones from the movie. The silky smooth formulas glide on effortlessly, providing a rich coat of color that blends and layers to create a stunning eye.”
Price and Shipping:
At $55.00 + tax, it is not a bank breaker and I did not feel too guilty buying it. You get 20 eyeshadows that are pigmented and beautiful and then there’s the whole Cinderella magic thing, so I personally think these are well worth it. Shipping was the awesome 5-day shipping with Sephora and I had it in my arms in a week.
My Take on Sephora Disney Cinderella Palette:
The last palette that made me this happy was the Urban Decay Naked Palette, except that this is better! This palette is everything that I wanted it to be and so much more. The colours are beautiful and wearable and well-co-ordinated. I think they would flatter most skin tones though the palette as a whole is definitely cool toned.
The following is the list of colours included in the palette going left to right, top to bottom:
1. Maiden (glittery magenta)
2. All Aglow (shimmering tan)
3. Destined (light blue pearl)
4. Cinderelly (sea foam green matte)
5. Pumpkin Coach (cream gold)
6. Ball Gown (pearl white pearl)
7. Kill Joy (shimmering taupe)
8. Fairy Godmother (periwinkle)
9. Glass Slipper (light blue shimmer)
10. Royal (matte bright blue)
11. Gus Gus (gold shimmer)
12. Charming (nude pearl)
13. Chateau (brown shimmer)
14. Palace (rose gold shimmer)
15. Drizella (medium brown golden shimmer)
16. Cinders (black with gold glitter)
17. Jaq (mauve matte gold shimmer)
18. Midnight (midnight blue with light blue glitter)
19. A Wish (cream pearl)
20. Rococo (plum w/multi glitter)
Things I Love about Sephora Disney Cinderella Palette:
- There is a beautiful selection of finishes to choose from: matte, satin, shimmer, and glitter.
- Even though the palette is ever-so-slightly cool toned, it will suit ALL skin tones.
- The colour selection is wonderful and completely wearable on a daily basis. Not a single colour is “over the top.”
- The eyeshadows are smooth, not powdery, and pigmented.
- They are easy to blend and mix together.
- The eyeshadows wear for 6 hours without a primer and 10 hours with a primer on me.
- They come in a super pretty pull-out velvet box with the eyeshadows in a tray. The box can be reused to store little girly things once you have used up the eyeshadows.
- Sephora and Disney managed to portray Cinderella in a super girly-fantasy way without making it look childish; I think it will appeal to women from all ages.
- The price. For $55.00 + tax, it is perfectly in my price range for 20 eyeshadows.
- The quality of most colours is as good as MAC and Urban Decay and other brands in a similar price range.
What I Do Not Like about Disney Cinderella Palette:
- My palette got a little bent (because it is made up of cardboard) and that made me super sad. I wish it lasted forever!
- The matte shades are always harder to work with than the shimmery shades and the same holds for this palette. The only mattes that I can work with without a single complaint are Inglot eyeshadows (I recently ordered 22 and I will do a post on them as soon as I get them).
If this palette came in a more durable plastic container, it would be a 5/5; but alas it does not. So, I rate it 4.75/5.
Last Thoughts on Sephora Disney Cinderella Palette:
I am not a very girly girl, but I do looooove Disney and Sephora. I am so very happy with this collaboration. This palette really is magical. Did you know that Disney and Sephora picked out the Pantone Colours from the original Disney money Cinderella and turned them into eyeshadows for this palette! So, this eyeshadow palette is like wearing the original movie! I am very happy and impressed with this palette. Completely worth every penny to me! Do check it out if you can!
Peace out! <3
P.S.: I cannot wait for the Jasmine collection to be out! I will do a review on that as soon as I get it!
Sephora Blockbuster Palette 2010
Sephora Perfecting Cover Foundation in Medium
Sephora Blush in Romantic Rose
Sephora Flashy Liner Waterproof in Deep Black
Sephora Kabuki Brush
Disney Minnie Mouse Hand Sanitizer
Disney’s Mermaid Ariel Inspired Eye Makeup Tutorial
MAC Nail Trend Fall/Winter 2010 & MAC Venomous Villains Collection for Disney – Photos, Comments
Urban Decay Naked Palette
Dior Celebration Collection Multi Look Makeup Palette
Revlon High Intensity Eyeshadow Palette: Glamour Girl
Sleek Makeup Oh So Special Eyeshadow Palette
Coastal Scents 78 Eyeshadow Blush Palette
Sigma Limited Edition Paris Palette
Stila In the Garden Eye Shadow Palette
Coastal Scents 88 Palette
26 thoughts on “Sephora Disney Cinderella Palette Review”
the packaging is adorable! this palette is quite a good combo of colors plus neutrals!
🙂 Agreed…. It’s pretty amazing 😀 Btw, I just checked out your website… It’s awesome :O My guy loves making Indian food and he was so happy with it! 🙂
WOW! when i saw this product online durin/before its release, i thot it must b just anodr fancy packed dud types but m glad to know the eyeshadows actually work! 1 of the most beautiful palettes i’ve seen ever! many few girls wil b able to resist a Disney packaging eyeshadow palette! ♥
Yea 🙂 I’m one of the many who couldn’t resist it :p
Loved reading the review Neha……not one colour is OTT in the name of Disney 🙂
YAY!!! All the colours are there! 🙂
awww beautiful neha
loving ur revus
would love see and EOTD 🙂
:)) I’ve never known another “neha” so this is very interesting for me 😀 Thank you for reading my silly reviews and rants.
woooow. adorable is the palete… 🙂
y moderation..?Jomo, rescue plz
I completely agree Rama 🙂
omg I have been wanting this for like ever ….. too cute
Why don’t you get it :O
Awww Disney … This is just so cute… Wonderful colors in d pallete is just a plus point
Completely agreed… I bought it simply because it was cute and adorable and Disney! The beautiful pigmented colours were a plus! 😀 🙂
the colors look amazing n i love everything disney !
Same here 😀 Disney is just so magical 🙂
OMG!!! i want!!!! i love disney princesses….. have to get my hands on these!!!!!! the colors are amazing!!!!! 😀 😀
Me tooooo!!! 😀 I grew up with Disney Princesses stuff and I freaked out when I heard about the Sephora line! 🙂
Even I want this… is this available in India??
Hi Sikha, I’m not sure but since there is a Sephora in India, I would like to guess Yes? 😕
wow….such a beautiful palette
The shades are awesomee.. u ordered 22 inglot e/s ? :0
:p Yes Bhumika. I go crazy about anything that is colourful (makeup/paints/stationary)!
Sorry for missing out on your fourth swatch Nia, just added 🙂
Thank you Jomol! 🙂 :*