I am back with another review 😀 I will be reviewing the Sephora Peony Moisturizing Body Lotion today. Let’s see how it worked for me 🙂
Rs. 480 for 190 ml.
Dermatologically tested. Paraben free. Its lightly scented texture enriched with peony flower extract melts on the skin. Penetrates immediately without leaving an oily film for instant comfort. Leaves skin soft and moisturized all day long.
It comes in a beautiful pastel pink plastic bottle with a nozzle pump that dispenses just the right amount of the lotion. Easy to use and hygeinic for sure, but the bottle is not compact enough to be travel friendly, but it looks beautiful sitting on my bathroom shelf 😀
Texture and Fragrance:
Being a lotion, its not very thick in consistency but not runny either. True to its claims, it melts on the skin and is instantly absorbed without leaving any sort of oily film or stickiness behind. Definite love there!
Now, coming to the fragrance, I must confess that I am absolutely insane about the smell of peonies and this lotion makes me feel like I am sitting in a garden full of them! The fragrance is really strong, sweet and floral and stays on the skin for quite some time even in the sweaty summers. I absolutely adore this smell – so much so that I look forward to my post bath ritual of applying moisturizer! If you have used the LO Peony moisturizing lotion, then this fragrance is very similar to that, but at a much lesser cost.
Let me start by saying that I think almost 500 bucks for a body lotion is not cheap for me, I can spend insane amounts of money on makeup, hair care and facial skin care stuff, but definitely not on a body lotion when there are so many good cheaper options available in the market. However, the thing that attracted me to this one is the fact that it is paraben-free and I absolutely adore the fragrance. Now, after using this, I can safely say it was 480 rupees well spent because of the following pros.
Pros of Sephora Peony Moisturizing Body Lotion:
- Thin texture that spreads easily and gets instantly absorbed into the skin.
- Doesn’t leave ANY trace of oiliness or stickiness behind, no matter how much you apply.
- The fragrance makes me want to dress up like a Disney princess and wear a crown made of peonies – it is so strong and sweet and floral! Very feminine and classy.
- The fragrance stays on for about 4-5 hours on me easily, which is a pro for me, but if you don’t like strong floral fragrances, you may want to stay away from this one.
- Moisturizes the skin really well being a lotion – although I must admit I don’t have super dry skin. I actually tested it by applying this and then trying to make those white scratch marks on the skin using my nails after a couple of hours ;P
- Great and cheaper alternative to the L’Occitane Peony range.
Cons of Sephora Peony Moisturizing Body Lotion:
- Some may find the price to be a bit steep and you do need a big dollop of this to moisturize the skin.
- The ingredient list is nowhere to be seen 🙁
- People with very dry and flaky skin won’t find this moisturizing enough. It moisturizes well for people with moderately dry or normal skin, and of course oily skin!
5/5 for me for the fragrance alone if not anything else!
Hope you liked the review! Till next time, be good and have fun 😀
Sephora Smooth Nail Polish Remover
Sephora Kabuki Brush
Sephora Supreme Body Lotion – Everyday Luxury
Sephora Lagoon Moisturizing Lotion
Sephora Lagoon Creamy Body Wash
Sephora Collection Moonshadow Trio – Glamoflage No. 3
Sephora Nano Eyeliner in Lagoon
Sephora Flashy Liner Waterproof in Deep Black
Lakme 9 to 5 Lip Color – Peony Goal
Zara Black Peony Perfume
Revlon Colorburst Lip Gloss – Peony
Maybelline 14 Hour Super Stay Lipstick Perpetual Peony
Olay Moisturizing Lotion
Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream
Garnier Essential Care Daily Moisturizing Lotion
Nivea Soft Refreshingly Soft Moisturizing Cream
Vivel Cell Renew Fortify + Repair Body Lotion
Nivea Moisturizing Body Lotion
VLCC Cocoa Butter Hydrating Body Lotion SPF15
Vaseline Healthy White Body Lotion
Daisy Marc Jacobs Luminous Body Lotion