WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Women often try different ways to lighten and brighten their skin, from home remedies to gulping down pills, they try every trick in the book for light skin tone. A majority of people also opt for whitening injections to get bright and radiant skin as such injections reduce melanin content in the skin and make it brighter and fairer. In addition, they are also believed to slow down ageing process, but not everything is rosy here, skin whitening injections have their own share of side effects. If you are thinking about skin whitening injections, do brush up on the side effects of skin whitening injections that you may encounter during the process.
- Skin whitening injections have very few side effects when done under safe and professional supervision and in the right dosage, however, if not handled by a certified doctor, it can even be life threatening.
- If the procedure is carried out with unhygienic equipment, then such a procedure can cause severe infection and lead to various diseases.
- Use of non-sterile needles or using the same needle for more than one individual can lead to the transmission of life-threatening infectious diseases such as HIV and hepatitis C. Carrying out the procedure by a certified doctor is necessary to avoid such situations.
- When you go through the process, use of these injections can lead to embolus which is a fatal condition that results from injecting air along with the skin lightening substance used.
- People with asthma can face asthma attacks in addition to chest tightness.
- There are also reported cases of kidney failure and dysfunction that are brought about by the use of these injections.
- For patients who receive these injections more than three times a week, abdominal pain is a common side effect.
- Long term use of some of whitening injections can lead to skin cancer and other disorders due to the synthetic glutathione contained in the injections.
- People with sensitive skin can also experience itchy skin rashes, burning sensation, irritated, and swollen skin.
- If high vitamin C is injected along with whitening treatment, it will interfere with body’s metabolism as the adult body requires only 40mg of vitamin C every day. It can also cause headaches, abdominal pain, nausea and even kidney stones.
- The use of glutathione IV in high doses for has been seen to cause drug reactions on the individual’s body like skin rashes, epidermal necrolysis, and Steven Johnson syndrome. The drug reaction can also cause serious impairment in the functioning of thyroid gland.
- If the injections are used frequently, the melanin gets damaged due to the chemicals and cause sun damage as melanin provides protection to your skin from the harmful sun exposure. Also, there are chances for skin cancer as the skin sensitivity increases.
So, instead of facing these risks by opting for whitening injections, you can always save yourself some time and money by using natural remedies that will effectively brighten and lighten your skin complexion.