We all know how tiresome cleaning makeup brushes can be especially if you have tons of them. This is the reason I usually put off cleaning my brushes which is not a good thing as dirty brushes can harbor bacteria and lead to breakouts.I was really intrigued with the concept of this product hence decided to get it. This review will be on Sigma 2x Spa Brush Cleaning Glove.
About The Product:
• The 2X Sigma Spa® Brush Cleaning Glove was designed as an upgrade from the original glove featuring not only one, but TWO thumbs for added comfort and an easy-to-turn transition from the eyes to face side. Clean your brushes even faster than the original glove with 8 advanced cleaning textures including 2 new textures – Refined Plus Eyes & Refined Plus Face. All upgraded textures feature high performance, raised silicone for a more effective and deeper clean.
• As seen on Allure.com
• 2 new textures – Refined Plus Eyes & Refined Plus Face
• Smaller, comforted fit for more controlled cleaning and grip of glove
• Two thumbs for added comfort and an easy-to-turn transition from the eyes side to face side
• Raised textures designed for a more effective, deeper clean
• Dimension: 10.5 x 9” (glove + box) 10.5 x 8.5 (at the widest part of the glove)
My Experience with Sigma 2x Spa Brush Cleaning Glove:
This glove comes packaged in a simple plastic enclosure. This glove has raised texture ridges on both sides of the gloves along with on the sides. Every texture serves a function and are clearly labeled as such so you don’t get confused. One side is used to clean face brushes and the other side if for the eye brushes.
There is a wash section in the middle of the palm, and rinse section on the fingertips and refine section along both the lower corners. There is also a refine plus section and there are long ridges on the side which you can use to squeeze excess water out of the washed brushes while shaping them.
The glove on the inside is a towel hence it keeps your hands completely dry. The glove fits very comfortably on the hand and there are thumb compartment on both side hence it fits on the hand on either side.
This glove makes cleaning my brushes super easy and cuts down the cleaning time remarkably and works on every type of brush. It deeply cleanses my brushes and helps get rid of deep logged makeup as well as shape the brushes. This glove is also available in variety of colors and I decided to opt for the hot pink shade. The color does not bleed and the glove feels very well made and sturdy.
Overall, this is a fantastic purchase and must have if you find cleaning your brushes a chore. This makes cleaning your brushes a breeze and will make for an excellent gift for every makeup lover you know. Though I do feel it is overpriced, but it is after all a one of a kind and does what it is supposed to do very well. It also will last you years hence makes it economical. I highly highly recommend this.
Sigma also has variation of this item in a smaller size which fits on few fingers rather than your whole hand as well as a mat which you place on the sink, but I find the glove version much more appropriate to my needs.
Pros of Sigma 2x Spa Brush Cleaning Glove:
• Makes brush cleaning super easy and efficient
• Doesn’t make brush cleaning feel like a chore and it feels less tedious
• Keeps my hands completely dry
• Deeply cleanses my brushes
• Cleanses both face and eye brushes as well as shapes them
• Also helps squeeze out the water post washing
• Helps remove deep set makeup and soap
• Comes in variety of colors
• Glove fits comfortably on your hand
Cons of Sigma 2x Spa Brush Cleaning Glove:
• The glove might not fit small hands comfortably
Sigma 3DHD Precision Brush
Sigma Professional Makeup Brush Kit Sneak Peek
Sigma Professional Brush Kit Review : Face Brushes
Sigma E25 Blending Brush
Sigma Tapered Highlighter Brush F35
Essence of Beauty Bath and Shower Brush
Basicare Exfoliating Body Gloves
Basicare Hydro Moisturizing Gloves
How To Clean Makeup Brushes (With Photos)
How to Make Your Own MAC Brush Cleaning Spray and Solution