I hope you all are doing well! So the last time around, I raved and shared my love for the Sigma 3DHD Kabuki Brush. This time, I bring to you its choti behen, the Precision Brush. Now, I never intended to purchase this, because I planned on maneuvering the Kabuki brush itself around the smaller areas of my face, especially under the eyes. The factor that prompted me to get this one is that I never owned a concealer brush, and I wanted to have one meant for that purpose only. I don’t use foundation as much as I use a concealer on a regular basis, hence it only seemed apt to get my hands on this. Besides, once you fall in love with Sigma brushes, one of your motives in life, automatically, becomes to own every single brush by them 😀 Let’s find out what is special about this!
The 3DHD™ Precision is a multifunctional brush engineered to perfection. It was uniquely designed for smaller areas of the face to apply liquid, cream and powder products uniformly on every curve, crease and angle. Patent pending.
• Ridge: The functional ridge at the top of the brush has the perfect angle to apply liquid, cream or powder products reaching every curve, crease and angle. Designed with a structure that is effortlessly multifunctional, 3DHD™ will do all the work for you, without having to move a single muscle of the face.
• Double wedge flat surface: Allows application of liquid, cream or powder products on flat or slightly curved areas of the face in two simple steps. First, apply product using one side of the wedge, then use the second (clean) side of the brush to smooth the surface and eliminate any streaks.
• Point: The sharp point of the brush can be used for highly precise application of cream, liquid and powder products. The point allows products to be perfectly applied in the under eye area and around the mouth.
• Dimensions and density of fibers: The dimensions of the brush head were developed to provide fast product application, while the density of the fibers allow for buffing products onto the skin. The fine fibers allow for coverage of skin pores.
Price: $ 19
My Experience with Sigma 3DHD Precision Brush:
This is exactly like a smaller version of the 3DHD Kabuki Brush.It comes in the shades of black, white and pink handles. The width of the brush is perfect for a good grip. The bristles are extremely soft, dense and firm. As with the Kabuki Brush, I like to use only one side for a single application, which leaves me with a cleaner side for the next use. The ridge on the brush makes it a lot easier to reach the corners of my eyes, effortlessly.I like to use it in a tapping motion, which helps prevent streaks from forming. The ridge also makes it easier to draw contour lines on the nose and cheeks. I’ve also used this brush to highlight. This simply indicates that it works equally well with both liquid and powder products. You can definitely use this brush to ensure that the product has reached all the tiny places on the face. All in all, I bought this brush for the sole purpose of using it as a concealer brush, but I’ve definitely found it useful for other tasks as well. It cleans well and it dries fast, without shedding a bristle.
Now here is what is slightly annoying. The handle is a bit too long for my liking. I’m a chashmish, and when I do my eye makeup, I like getting real close to the mirror. The handle keeps hitting the mirror, sort of reminding me to take a step back. For some though, this may not be an issue at all.
So here is my advice: if you already own the F80 or F81, I don’t think you should buy the 3DHD Kabuki Brush, but owning the Precision Brush would be a lot useful. If you have neither F80 nor F81, and you wish to invest in only one brush, then go for the 3DHD Kabuki Brush. If you already own a great foundation brush, and you only want a smaller brush for a precise concealer (or highlighter) application, this would be the perfect investment.
Pros of Sigma 3DHD Precision Brush:
- Fantastic, does a great job of application.
- Easier to reach every nook and corner of the face.
- Bristles are soft, dense.
- Can be used for highlighting and tracing contour lines.
- Doesn’t shed on cleaning.
Cons of Sigma 3DHD Precision Brush:
The handle is a tad longer.
IMBB Rating: 5/5
Would I Buy or Recommend Sigma 3DHD Precision Brush?
This is a winner product by Sigma and I love using it! Definitely recommended!
Sigma Sigmax Brushes
Make Me Crazy Purple
Professional Brushes : Face Brushes
Professional Brushes Review
My Second Purchase from Ebay: Kabuki
Sigma Professional Makeup Brush Kit Sneak Peek
Sigma Professional Brush Kit Review : Face Brushes
Sigma E25 Blending Brush
Sigma Tapered Highlighter Brush F35
Colorbar Emphaseyes Eye Blending Brush
ELF Studio Small Precision Brush Review