I love Sigma makeup brushes. Especially their eye brushes are something that I use every single day. SigmaX is a new makeup line by Sigma . These are synthetic duo fibre brushes that are great for cream, liquid or powder products. You can purchase them from www.SigmaBeauty.com
Price : $ 16 each
SigmaX line includes 3 brushes :
This was the first duo synthetic fibre brush I used from Sigma. I think this is one of the best brush they have ever made. I did a review of this brush before. Copying the review from my previous post.
It’s a very dense duo fiber brush. I took a little long to get used to this. I started applying liquid foundation with this brush. The foundation applied flawlessly but the cleaning became a pain. Since the brush is dense I could never get rid of the foundation that used to get trapped at the center.
Now the brush gives that awesome air brushed look. So I just started buffing my base products with this. And Voila!! I lovveee the brush. It gets cleaned up easily now. Just apply your base products in any manner and this brush will take care of the rest.
- Streaky foundation – Swirl Sigma F 80!
- Cakey Foundation – Swirl Sigma F 80!
- Un-blended blush – Swirl Sigma F 80!
- Want airbrushed look – Swirl Sigma F 80!
- Want to apply mineral foundation : Use Sigma F 80
It is a multi purpose brush . It is velvety soft. You can use it to apply cream, liquid or powder products. I would not review it as a must have but it’s good to have.
The only not so good thing is that it takes long to dry up.
This brush is very similar to the F 80. It is a round top Kabuki. You can use it for powder , cream or liquid foundation. However, I don’t like using powder products with this one, it kind of cakes up the powder products, The bristles are more tightly packed as compared to the sigma F 80. The biggest benefit of this brush is that you can even reach the smaller areas of your face with this brush. It reaches easily under your eyes or around the areas of your nose.The bristles are velvety soft .
Sometimes when I want a heavier coverage on some part of your face, I find this brush extremely good to use. I use this interchangeably with Sigma F 80.
Recommendation : If you are buying your first Sigma Sigmax brush, buy Sigma F 80. If you already have Sigma F 80 and you want to purchase another brush from this range, go for Sigma F 82.
You must pick this brush if you are novice in applying cream blushes. I generally like to apply my cream blush with fingers . This does an excellent job by placing the colour just where you want it. Thanks to the angled shape . The soft dense bristles would blend the blush like a dream on your cheeks. The bristles bend just fine to move on your cheeks easily. Say bye bye to streaks or uneven blush application. :)I don’t like to use it for powder blush. It picks up more blush that I’d like it to.
Suggestion : Put some dots of cream blush on your cheeks with finger tips. Then blend with sigma F 84. You’ll get flawless blended blush on your cheeks.
Overall review of Sigmax brushes:
- Sigma has out done itself by creating these brushes. you can never go wrong with these brushes.
- They are multi purpose brushes. You can use them for cream, powder and liquid foundation.
- Since the bristles are dense , the liquid foundation doesn’t seep towards the bottom of the bristles.
- The brushes don’t bleed . Nether do they shed bristles. Infact I’d say, ZERO shedding.
- The handles are very strong and speak of their quality.
- The brushes take time to dry since they have such dense bristles. These days since it’s cold, they take a full night and almost a half to to dry completely.
- They make your foundation or blush application flawless.
- I used to have problem cleaning F 80 brush initially but a cleanser has sorted out that problem as well. My brushes look pretty always now. 🙂
- The handles are of medium length so it gives a better control over your application.
Where to Go After this Review?
You can buy these Brushes from www.SigmaBeauty.com
Indian Makeup and Beauty Blog rating : :-* :-*:-*:-* + 0.5
Here is a nice video that teaches you how to use these brushes.
- Sigma Sigmax Brushes Sneak Peek
- Sigma Professional Kit Review : Face Brushes
- Sigma Professional Kit Review : Eyes
products sent by brand for review.