Hello gorgeous gals,
When I first came to know about this Sigma Spa Express Brush Cleaning Glove, I was intrigued and was ready to jump up and buy it – till I saw the price. When RT launched the Real Techniques Brush Cleansing Palette, I thought let’s get that instead. But knowing about a product and actually getting your hands on it are 2 totally different things, right?
So, recently, when I came across the Sigma stuff in store, I was nudged again. The choice was between the original glove, the 2X Glove, the mat, and this Spa Express one. Honestly, as per YouTube, you also have the choice of using the surface of a hot water bag or a silicone oven mitt. However, when you have invested so much money in expensive brushes, I think it’s only wise to invest in an actual cleaning glove/mat rather than taking a chance and spoiling the brush by breaking its bristles on a hot water bag’s surface.
And, of course, after debating over it with myself, I debated over it with my friend – who went – “Ya ya! Get it! It’s amazing!” You want her views on the glove? You can read her review of the 2X Spa Glove on IMBB. 😉
The Sigma Spa® Express Brush Cleaning Glove was designed as a compact brush cleaning device featuring 7 patented textures for both eyes and face brushes. The glove provides a quick and effective cleaning process including a universally fit strap to be placed around the thumb and wrist to help secure the glove during vigorous brush cleaning. Also travel-friendly, it conveniently occupies minimal space for easy storage and transporting. Patent No. 9,015,895
WASH (Face or Eyes Side) – Add a small amount of cleaning solution and water to brush and swirl brush on ‘Wash’ texture to begin deep cleaning.
RINSE (Face or Eyes Side) – Place brush under running water and sweep brush back and forth on the ‘Rinse’ texture to remove makeup residue & soap.
REFINE – Swirl brush on the ‘Refine’ texture for an added deep cleaning
RINSE (Face or Eyes Side) – Place brush under running water & sweep brush back and forth on the ‘Rinse’ texture.
REFINE PLUS (Face or Eyes Side) – Repeat cleaning process for a deeper clean
RINSE (Face or Eyes Side) – Repeat rinsing process to remove excess makeup residue and soap.
Gently squeeze brush head with your hand to remove excess water.
US $25 /THB 990 INR 2000
My Experience with Sigma Spa Express Brush Cleaning Glove:
The product comes packaged in a transparent plastic packaging. You can easily open, use, dry it and put it right back in.
What does the glove do?
It basically provides different surfaces for effective cleaning of the makeup brushes. So, one side has designated area for Wash, Rinse, Refine, Refine Plus – for face brushes. You turn it inside out and you get a separate set of grooves for Wash, Rinse, Refine and Refine Plus – for eye brushes.
Why the glove when I can anyway wash it on my hands?
For a MUA or a beauty addict with a number of brushes, washing the brushes on your hand is not ideal because:
• The contact with cleanser and soap for a longer time will tend to dry your hands
• On the plain surface of our hand, you may not be able to reach into the brush fibers to get a thorough cleansing.
• The different patented surfaces on the glove allow the brushes to be deeply cleaned.
• The total wash time for brushes is drastically reduced. Honestly, I had not considered this aspect while buying the product. It came as a lovely bonus. The different grooves and ridges allow you to reach into the brush bristles and clean it way more quickly than I would normally need to do when using just my hands.
The glove is distinctly different from the 2X Spa Glove in the following aspects:
• It does not have designated thumb cover. It has just a slit through which the thumb can pass through. This ensures that a right handed person or a left handed person – both can use the same glove with ease.
• It’s fairly small compared to the 2X Spa glove. This makes it easy to carry as well.
• There is no cloth covering the hand. This means, your hand will be exposed to water. However, not to the brush cleanser. So, your hand will get certain amount of protection but not as much as in case of the 2X Spa Glove.
• The Spa Express glove is compact and reversible. So, one side has the area to clean face brushes. You turn it inside out – and you have the area to clean eye brushes. This makes it fairly quick and easy to use.
• There is no cloth/towel segment. So, there is no wait time for it to dry. It’s silicone. So you use it and wipe it clean or hang it for some time and it’s good to go. Also, since there is no cloth involved, only silicone, it’s easy to clean and disinfect. This will work for a larger number of people than 2X Spa brush.
• Since, the size is way more convenient, the 2X Spa brush could be difficult to manage, for a person with small hands. It’s definitely easier on the pocket than the 2X Spa Glove. Yes, I know, it’s not cheap, I’m not saying it is. I’m merely comparing it to the price of the 2X spa glove.
To sum this up for you –
Pros of Sigma Spa Express Brush Cleaning Glove:
• Helps deeply clean the brushes
• It’s a more easier and more efficient way of cleaning the brushes
• It speeds up the cleaning time
• The glove is easy to use
• It’s easy to carry, due to its compact size
• Will work on most hands – big or small, right or left
• Cleanses both face and eye brushes as well as helps shape them
• Also helps squeeze out the water post washing
• Helps remove deep set makeup and soap
• Barely needs any time to dry
• Since it’s made of silicon, it’s easy to clean
Cons of Sigma Spa Express Brush Cleaning Glove:
• It doesn’t provide 100% protection from water
This really is an amazing tool. It’s an investment into your brushes, assuming 2 things:
• You have and you use substantial number of brushes when you do makeup. So, you really do need to clean them regularly.
• You have invested in high end brushes – so you would want to be able to use them for a longer period of time for they definitely don’t come cheap.
If it is such a good product, why isn’t it rated 5 on 5?
Well, I’d rate it 5 on 5 when it goes into my vanity on its own, picks up the brushes and cleans them on its own! 😉
Sigma 2x Spa Brush Cleaning Glove
Sigma Sigmax Brushes
Make Me Crazy Purple
Sigma Professional Brush Kit Review : Face Brushes
Sigma E25 Blending Brush
Sigma Tapered Highlighter Brush F35
My 10 Most Used Makeup Brushes in 2015
How to Make Your Own MAC Brush Cleaning Spray and Solution
Real Techniques Deep Cleansing Gel