Person who fall prey to an abusive relationship may show major personality changes. They may get depressed, be anxious, or at times develop suicidal tendencies too. Abusive relationships are unhealthy for everyone. The abuser has just one aim and that is to gain and maintain total control over the partner.
Written below are some points that may help you identify the early signs of an abusive relationship. The sooner you realize the better it will be for you.
Signs of abusive relationship:
You are in an abusive relationship if your partner,
• Dominates you i.e. he makes the decisions for you and the family. He tells you what to do and expect you to follow his orders without any question.
• Is possessive about you. He calls constantly, visits unexpectedly, wants to know whom you talked to, where you were or prevents you from going out alone. If this is what he does all the time then you know what are you dealing with.
• Wants to keep you isolated. He discourages you from meeting anyone even your family or friends. You need his permission to do anything.
• Give you threats or is abusive towards you. He harms you physically in any way, including slapping, pushing, grabbing, shaking etc. He often humiliates you or makes you feel unworthy.
• Is hypersensitive and suffers from frequent mood swings. He gets easily insulted. One moment he is a sweetly loving guy and next moment he is explosively violent. Moreover, he blames you for all this every time.
• You can not express your feelings to him, as you are not sure about how your partner will react to things you say or do.
Image source: 1
Sexual Harassment: Do Women Really Ask for It?
How to Cope With Loneliness
How to Deal With Breakups
How to Avoid Fights With Your Partner
What Men Like in Women
Most Romantic Couples Ever
Who wears the hottest makeup among Tiger Woods’ Girlfriends?