Often people discourage themselves by stepping on the scale too early. It may take some weeks or even months to show some numerical changes, but it doesn’t mean your body isn’t losing weight when you are on a good diet such as Rati Beauty. It takes years to store body fat and it’s prudent to expect at least a few months to reduce those extra pounds. Today, we will be listing a few signs that your diet is working for you, and you just need to be consistent and patient.
1. You feel a rush of energy: An average human relies on carbs and sugar for his/her everyday survival at work/college/home and yet is exhausted by 8-9 pm. I am pretty sure you too are in this particular bracket. But with your new healthy diet, things have changed, you feel more energetic and alive, and all of a sudden you don’t need to rely on multiple cups of coffee to make it through the day. This is the biggest sign that your diet is rich in nutrients and is fuelling your body in a good way. If you need that extra dose of energy, we suggest adding these food items in your diet- Eggs, fatty fish, banana, brown rice, oats, sweet potato, apple, dark chocolate, yogurt (unflavoured), lentils, avocado, oranges, nuts, seeds, beet root, green leafy vegetables.
2. You feel satiated after meals: Processed food is extremely high in calories and energy, but it doesn’t rank high on satiety index and has zero nutritional factor. But with your new diet plan you; eat slowly and nourish the body with healthy foods like fresh fruits and vegetables, lean meat, legume, beans such type of foods are helping you to feel fuller and satisfied and leaving you with no space for junk food. If you feel better and confident, and completely satisfied after meals, then congratulations you are on the right track, and on your way to lose weight.
3. You sleep like a baby: Earlier, you would be having sleepless nights or had problem falling asleep. There can be many reasons for poor sleep like stress, ageing, hormonal changes, using too much phone at night, Netflix binge, etc. But the good news is diet and exercise can help to get you better sleep. Eating a well-balanced diet and performing a physical activity can help you sleep soundly. Tip – Follow a sleep schedule, avoid using phone late into the night, and eat your last meal prior to 9 pm to get better sleep.
4. Your clothes feel slightly bigger: The clothes which fit you perfectly are strangely seeming to look loose on you. If this is the case, then your diet is working well. (Happiest moment for any women). Before finding your old jeans, wait for at least a month and be consistent to notice any difference.
5. You feel more happy: Were you grumpy earlier? But now your mood has changed, and all of a sudden, you are a better version of yourself? If you feel confident, better and are smiling for no reason, then your diet is to blame for 😛 You are feeling lighter and motivated, and positive, full of hope – these are strong signs that your diet is showing some results and that’s what’s keeping you motivated and happy.
6. You have increased your strength: In initial days, you must have felt weak and unable to perform even basic exercises. You had muscle soreness and when you woke up in morning, you might have experienced body pains due to workouts, but after days or weeks of routine exercise, you are now feeling better, comparatively less sore, and you are lifting more weight compared to your initial days – this means that your strength and endurance have increased. You are less tired after work. You feel fresher, you are now able to do extra work, these are strong symptoms that your body is getting rid of fat and gaining lean muscle. This is exactly how I personally feel when I follow a healthy diet and workout on regular intervals. And after being consistent for months, you will go on increasing your strength, endurance, and will end up becoming a superwoman. After all, woman who manages to take some time for herself is undoubtedly a superwoman!
7. You are in love with your diet: Your diet no longer feels like a strict diet and you enjoy indulging in a healthy diet. You are slowly converting your diet into your lifestyle, which is the best gift you can give to your body. In an interview, Shilpa Shetty Kundra, admitted that she doesn’t follow a diet – in fact, it’s her lifestyle and she enjoys it. Because diet is temporary and believe it or not, you will not eat anything you don’t enjoy for the rest your life. You can easily find delicious and healthy recipes on Rati Beauty and easily convert those into your lifestyle and do not feel it’s a strict diet at all.
Tips to Lose Weight Effectively:
- Surround yourself with like-minded people.
- Find a diet plan which you will enjoy for a life time, browse through our diet plans on Rati Beauty.
- Cherish small fitness achievements, gift yourself a little something when you manage to lose 5 kg every time.
- Live a completely normal life and indulge in junk food (occasionally) after a week or 10 days.
- Be focused on your goals
- Be consistent.
- Be patient, weight loss takes time.
- Find a fitness partner to keep yourself motivated at gym/physical activity class.
- Drink plenty of water.