Top Benefits of Coconut
Ever wondered why this is the only fruit offered to God in temples ? It signifies purity, toughness and yet retains the ability to break open .Other than spiritual causes the main factor to induce coconut in religious encounters is the benefit it imparts.This is one resourceful fruit which has varying uses at different stages of its life cycle.
When coconut is young its belly is filled with a transparent liquid popular by its name-coconut water. This is an ammunition of minerals,vitamins and proteins and very low carbs. To list out its goodness for health and beauty is a sheer insult to coconut but we shall attempt it nevertheless.
• Coconut water is a pre-cursor of the white meat we see in a mature fruit.
• It is rich in anti-oxidants ,proteins, minerals, fiber, sugars, vitamins ( Vit C , Folic ,Biotin etc )
• It is free of fat, cholesterol .The presence of natural minerals/salts permits it to be a source of instant energy and vitality. The natural salts replenishes a dehydrated body. Hence, its efficacy in fighting sun-strokes in summer.
• It gives respite for those suffering from kidney problems
• Provides relief from constipation due to presence of fiber.
• It improves the digestive process by flushing out toxins. Body absorbs oxygen easily thus pushing the metabolism levels to an upper degree.
• Coconut water splashed on face will work as a cleanser and toner. Throw in your favorite ingredients like honey, milk, other fruit to make it work as a face mask. This would aid in getting good riddance of acne problems.
• It hydrates the skin thereby working on those annoying wrinkles and frown lines.
Now, these benefits will not accrue with a single bout of this miracle water. Consume it as regular as you can. As its diuretic you can guzzle this on your way back home in evening. Westerners try this in tetra packs or those little bottles. Fortunately, we have the natural available at home.
The Good Samaritan nature of coco is not over yet. The intermediary stage between water and the white meat is the gel kind of stage. It’s a semi-transparent stretch over the walls and is very rich in nutrients. As the coconut matures the water becomes the meaty and milky coconut flesh. This is equally good natured and imparts a lot of uses.
• Lauric acid is found in breast milk. It boosts the child’s immune system.Coco milk ( blend fresh coconut and squeeze the juice ) has Lauric acid and hence aids in fighting foreign organisms in an adult. Result – high resistance .
• It has anti-oxidants,iron and phosphorus .Iron helps in fighting anemia and phosphorus is important for bone health and density.
• For home-made coconut oil ,allow the coco milk to simmer on low till a clear liquid forms. Your own oil is ready. Take as required and boil some curry leaves in it before applying.The iron content promotes hair growth.
• Hair growth.-coco milk +oil of your choice + lemon + curry leaves + amla powder. Apply in sections to hair. Use regularly to see improvement.
• Apply coco milk as a stand-alone ingredient to hair. It hydrates hair and encompasses the major uses of coco oil.
• If milk is not your passion just munch the coco with jaggery or a little sugar.
• Cook rice with coco milk for a divine aroma and flavor. It is a treat for the tongue.