Have you ever taken a medicine without knowing the problem? Absolutely not right. Then why do you put products on your skin without knowing its type? To have a beautiful skin it is mandatory that we follow a procedure suitable for our skin type.
In this article today I would share with you what ever I know about sensitive skin. So lets get started.
How to identify sensitive skin?
If your skin has a fine texture and reacts quickly to certain chemicals. Has a low tolerance level to both heat and cold or even clothing like wool etc. then my friend you have sensitive skin. Skin sensitivity differs from person to person. Some may react severely to certain thing while others may show a sign of mild reaction. Sensitive skin can also be identified on the basis of following characteristics:
• It is prone to dry patches
• Is sunburned easily
• Becomes red and blotchy easily
• Gets irritated easily
• Appears translucent
• May have broken veins across the cheeks and nose.
Skin care tips for sensitive skin:
Sensitive skin requires special treatment. With the right skin care products and regime many of the above stated problems can be handled.
• Apply cucumber and curd to soothe sensitive skin.
• Yogurt is a very effective cleanser for sensitive skin. Wash your face with water and apply yogurt. Gently massage it in your skin and then wash off with normal water.
• Boil some water with green tea in it. Let it cool for some time and then use it to wash your face. Green tea is loaded with anti oxidants so, needless to tell about its benefits on skin.
• Mix an egg with some ground oatmeal. Make a paste and apply it on your skin. Let it stay for 10-15 minutes. Wash your face as usual. It is a great moisturizing mask for sensitive skin
• Mix 3 tbsp of cucumber juice with 2 tbsp of aloe vera gel and 1 tbsp of Yogurt. Apply it on your face and rinse with normal water after 15 minutes.
• Apart from aloe, chamomile is also very soothing for sensitive skin. Soak few chamomile tea bags in hot water. Let it cool for some time. Splash your face with chamomile water few times to calm your skin.
Some do’s and don’ts for sensitive skin:
• Avoid using regular bar soaps as they may irritate your skin. Use a very mild and fragrance free cleanser.
• Always use alcohol free toner on your face. Toners with alcohol in them dry out our face.
• Never use hot water to wash your face as it may irritate your skin badly.
• Never rub or scratch your skin it will only add to your problem. Gently pat dry your face after washing it.
• Keep your skin well moisturized as dryness can increase sensitivity.
• Drink plenty of water to clear your system.
• Stay as far as possible from the sun.
• Include more fruits and vegetables in your diet.
• Opt for oil free makeup and never apply cosmetics on a skin rash or broken skin.
• Avoid smoking.
Uselessly applying products will do no good to your skin. It is always advisable to use skin care products specially made for your skin type.
How do you take care of your skin?
How to Care for Combination Skin
Skin Benefits of Yogurt
Skin Care: How To Determine Your Skin Type
Daily Skin Care Regimen for Working Women
Health and Beauty benefits of Coconut Oil
10 Tips for Glowing Skin from Kitchen Shelf
Blemishes– Causes & Skin Care