WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
My Cleansing Regime with Milk Cream
The worse thing about Delhi winters is that they are particularly harsh on people with dry and sensitive skin. One of the reasons that I hate winters is that my skin becomes extremely dry and flaky. Winter is the only season during which I really wish I had oily skin. Anyways, coming back to this post, I have found a terrific way to treat my dry skin to extreme moisture during winters. I discovered my Holy Grail moisturiser for winters and that is milk cream. Yes, you read it right, its malai, which I am sure quite a lot of you love to hate, for its smell, forget eating. I can well imagine most of you even cringing even at the thought of it while reading this. But trust me, it works wonders for dry skin, provided it is used properly. However, people with oily skin should apply a mud/clay pack like fuller’s earth, sandalwood powder after steaming to absorb excess residue left on skin.
• Regular use of this method will improve your skin texture and enhance its smoothness.
• Gives a natural glow the skin far better than any foundation, cream, base etc.
• Removes black heads/whiteheads and all other impurities from skin.
• Dry skin is prone to wrinkles and regular use of this process years will not only delay onset but also reduce wrinkles.
In case you decide to try this, do keep in mind that steaming your face is very important after applying milk cream so as to keep your pores from clogging.
What You Need for Cleansing
2-3 teaspoon of milk cream;
1-2 teaspoon Rose water (optional);
Facial Sauna/big utensil for steaming;
Your favourite aromatherapy oil (optional);
Cotton balls/soft tissue papers;
How to Do Cleansing
1) Take the milk cream and blend it well between your palms. Try to use that part of milk cream which has the consistency of a moisturiser/body lotion and not that really thick layer. The thin consistency of the milk cream is absorbed easily by the skin and doesn’t smell that repulsive.
2) Add a few drops of rose milk to the milk cream and apply the milk cream on your face in circular motions, proceeding from nose, forehead chin towards your hairline.
3) Leave on the milk cream on your face for about 15 minutes. I usually leave it on my face for an hour.
4) After 15 minutes, wipe of the excess milk cream from your face gently, using cotton balls/ soft ply tissues. If your skin is really dry, you will be surprised to find that very less of the milk cream remains on your face.
5) Get your facial sauna ready, add a few drops of your favourite aromatherapy oil/rose water (if desired). You can also use the hot towel method if you don’t have a facial sauna.
6) Take steam for 5 minutes. Steam will cleanse your pores and will not let the milk cream settle into your pores to give you any blackheads/breakouts etc.
7) Splash you face with cold water 2-3 times or dip a small towel in cold water and place it on your face to close your pores.
8) Apply a moisturiser if you want. I never feel the need for any moisturiser on my skin after doing this till the next time I wash my face with soap/face wash, even in the harshest of winters. Besides, I have never used much of a moisturiser person and always use almond oil/olive oil on my skin most of the times.
I have been using milk cream on face for years and it has never caused any problems/breakouts to me. I did this cleansing one day before my law school farewell, which was in peak of summers (read May), but never had any breakouts then also.
Hope you all liked my cleansing regime. Do give your suggestions and feedback.