Skin and Hair Care Routine while Swimming
Swimming is indeed a very beneficial way to beat the heat and keep your body toned and relaxed. But, with these benefits come some skin and hair issues that you may face just after few sessions in the pool. Regular swimmers are very prone to hair damage and discoloration due to the presence of chlorine and other chemicals in the pool.
Before you jump in the pool always make some preparations to protect your skin and hair from the harmful effects of these chemicals.
READ THESE FOR WEIGHT LOSS: Diet Chart for Weight Loss | How to Lose Weight With PCOS | 10 Best Herbal Pills for Weight Loss | 10 Best Tricks for Lazy People to Lose Weight | Best Diet for PCOS to Lose Weight
Mentioned below are few tips that will help you relax in the water, whether it’s chlorinated water, salt water or fresh water, without the fear of getting your hair and skin slashed by any potential irritants.
Skin and Hair Care Tips:
• Chlorine is a major force to be feared off because this dreadful chemical is very effective in breaking down the natural oils in the hair. Loss of these oils will lead to dry, brittle, and dull looking hair. The most effective solution for keeping the chlorine’s bleaching effect away from your strands is to wear a well-fitting swimming cap before getting onto the pool.
READ THESE FOR GLOWING SKIN: 9 Best Face Packs For Glowing Skin | 10 Tips by Shahnaz Husain for Glowing Skin | Home Remedies For Glowing Skin | 7 Besan Face Packs for Glowing Skin | Beauty Products For Glowing Skin
• Conditioning comes second. Before stepping in the pool, apply a generous amount of deep conditioner to your hair.
• Chlorine along with copper sulphate is very damaging to the hair, they give that famous greenish tinge to the swimmers hair. So to avoid such condition invest in a good clarifying shampoo that contains EDTA. It is like very effective ingredient to remove all the chlorine from your hair and scalp.
BEST OF IMBB: How To Make Vitamin C Serum At Home | 7 Best Pigmentation Creams in India | 8 Natural Products to Add Volume to Thin, Fine Hair | 8 Ways to Tighten Sagging Breasts | How to Remove Pimple Marks from Face | Top 10 Shampoos for Dry and Rough Hair | 8 Best Drugstore Foundations That Do Not Oxidize
• Rinsing the hair with lemon juice or vinegar after your swimming lessons also helps to prevent some damages that these chemicals can cause. Also, a home made pack of honey, avocado or mayonnaise and egg yolk is very effective to give your strands that very necessary moisture. Mix together these ingredients and message into your scalp. Wrap your head in a warm towel and leave it for about 10-15 minutes. Rinse out well with lukewarm water and shampoo as normal.
• As far as skin is concerned, be sure to apply sunscreen with both UVA and UVB protection before stepping in. Also make sure that the sunscreening product should be waterproof, sweat free, oil-free and offer all-day skin care protection. Keep in mind to apply sunblock every half an hour (especially if you are swimming in the sun) to protect your skin from sun damage. Try to take a shower immediately after you come out of the pool. It will help keep your skin clean and chlorine-free.
Best of IMBB: Best Hair Serums for Dry Frizzy Hair | Homemade Hair Regrowth Oil to Prevent Hair Loss | How To Lose Fat From Face in 30 Days | Homemade Face Pack for Instantly Bright and Glowing Skin | 10 Products To Get Rid of Skin Pigmentation | 7 Ways To Make Black Lips Pink!
• Use a heavy duty moisturizer or body lotion few minutes before applying your sunblock. Opt for a mild moisturizer that’s fragrance and chemical-free.
BEST OF FAIRNESS: 10 Best Skin Whitening Creams in India | 7 Homemade Face Packs for Instant Glow and Fairness | 6 Best Herbal Fairness Creams | 10 Best Fairness Packs in the Market | 7 Best Pigmentation Creams in India
• Carry a bottle of water and keep sipping on it. You can also drink non-alcoholic summer coolers to keep yourself hydrated and also flush out toxins from your system. Skin is more likely to feel rough and dry if you are dehydrated. Keeping your skin properly moisturised and hydrated will save you from the pain of chapped and flaky skin situation.
These are some of the tried and tested methods that will help you protect and maintain healthy hair and skin. Try them out and see what works best for you and what doesn’t.
SOLUTIONS FOR ACNE: 5 Remedies to Treat Acne at Home | Top 10 Creams for Fading Acne Scars | 10 Home Remedies to Treat Scalp Acne | 8 Home Remedies to Reduce Acne Scars | 10 Tea Tree Oil Products for Acne-Prone and Sensitive Skin | Home Remedies to Treat Hormonal Acne
HAIR: 8 Natural Products to Add Volume to Thin, Fine Hair | 8 Ways to Regrow Hair on Bald Spots | 6 Hair Growth Secrets from Around the World | 7 Best Hair Oils For Faster Hair Growth | How to Make Rough Hair Silky | 30 Killer Hair Care Tips