How are you all doing, puja is here and my city is nearly all decked with lights and colourful decorations and the pandals are done, it’s such a nice and puja-ish feeling here, you could feel it in the air, I do. Today I am doing a post on maintaining certain habits in your 20s which will help your skin be healthier and younger even in your later ages. These are some habits which we all know, but then they are called habits for a reason. Using and abusing skin and health will obviously take a toll on your overall being which will become visible slowly. Once you go beyond the repair stage/age, no matter what you do you cannot regain the younger skin. So it is really important to maintain a healthy lifestyle or practices from a very early age, and to do things in moderation. Here I will share some habits which need to be controlled for a better skin.
• Over/regular drinking- avoid over drinking, and absolutely stop regular or everyday drinking, if you are doing so. Alcohol over a prolonged period of intake takes a toll on the health, and the first signs can be seen on the skin. Occasionally it is okay but not on a regular basis.
• Stop smoking- smoking is absolutely strict No-No. This practice doesn’t even need a year or months to show on your skin, maybe a couple of months and your skin and lips starts drying. Regular smokers have a very dry and lifeless looking skin and the lips are the same. Not only is it injurious to health but drastically suicidal for skin.
• Regular late night parties/work shifts – you might think that 7-8 hour sleep all total should be okay, but no it is not the case. Our body knows the difference between day and night even in complete cut-off from outer world room without a clock. So it is very important that you give your body proper sleep at night.
• Morning coffee- yes I know, guilty here myself, but this is sadly a bad habit. If the first that you take in is coffee, then you have to stop, and if it is black then you should. Coffee is slightly acidic so avoid going after it the first thing in the morning. Also try to fall a little out of love with coffee
• Avoid junk eating- this probably our parents have been trying to drill into our brains forever. Unhealthy eating habits or routine have a drastic and immediate effect on our skin and if we continue to disrespect our skin that way, then the effect will become tough to rid off. I eat oily for 2 days continuous and pops up one pimple. Follow a more healthy diet and routine. Drink sufficient water every day.
• Include workout in your life- working out makes you sweat, and through sweating your skin flushes out the toxins. So it is really important to have proper workout.
• Too much experimentation- Don’t blindly follow fad bleach or facial or some new thing in the market. Research, what it is, do you really need this. And if you don’t then best skip it. I personally do not support or like bleach of face, I tried once and wasn’t comfortable with it at all. I know overtime it does give your skin a not so young feel.
• Follow a proper make-up ritual- If you are make-up fanatic, then you also must know that make-up can only show what’s underneath. So remove make-up all kinds before going to bed. Make sure your skin gets a sufficient breathing time, where it is completely devoid of any make-up.
Nourish your skin by using herbal products and natural treats of fruits and oils. Expose yourself to natural sunlight for sufficient time. Over time with age there will be unavoidable change in the skin but, it can be taken care of to an extent. Following a regular healthy and nourishing habit towards your skin will keep it healthy for long time. Hope you enjoyed reading the post, love all.
Daily Skin Care Regimen for Working Women
Daily Skin Care Habits – Dos and Don’ts
10 Budget Skin Care Products Review for Combination Skin
5 Easy Skincare Tips For Would-Be Brides
Lemon Beauty Benefits Skin Care Tips And Ideas
Winter Skin and Hair Care Tips
Beauty and Skin Care Tips for Pregnant Women
6 Regular Skin Care Tips