“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain
Travelling sure is fun but, it can really take a toll on our skin and hair. But, there is always a way to stay beautiful while travelling just follow some of the tips mentioned here and you will find yourself at peace with your skin.
So, if you’re planning a trip in the near future here are some of our tips on how you can take care of your skin while travelling:
• Apply an intense moisturizer the night before you are set to hit the road. This will help you to stay hydrated on the go. Use a deep conditioning mask for you hair as well.
• Don’t step out without a generous application of sunscreen on your face and body. It will protect your skin form getting burned while you are on a move.
• Take blotting papers to keep oily skin from getting out of control. Dab the “T” zone from time to time to keep the shine and excess oil at bay. Blotting papers get rid of the excess oil without stripping out the moisture from your skin.
• Staying hydrated is the most important thing. Drink plenty of water to keep yourself hydrated from within which will give your skin that extra boost. Avoid alcohol and caffeine as both of these drinks can dehydrate you.
• Skip long lasting lipsticks as they can be quite drying at times. Go for coloured lip balm and then apply lip gloss for shine. Keep a lip balm handy, and slather it on at regular intervals.
• Spirits bottle containing lavender oil must be used during travelling as they add freshness to skin.
• Keep the delicate skin around your eyes moisturised to prevent puffiness. Also, pack in a lubricating eye drops to get rid of watery or red eyes.
• Carry cleansing or refreshing wipes to clean your skin while travelling. These wipes get rid of dirt and make-up effectively from your face, and do provide some nourishment and freshness to the skin.
• If possible just don’t put heavy make-up while travelling as there will be fewer chances to cleanse your skin properly on travel which will provoke your skin to get infection and also gives a dirty look.
Go forth and travel!
What do you do to keep your skin in tip top condition while travelling?