I am glad that the weekend is here and it feels good, more so after slogging an entire week at work. I pretty much have an extended weekend this time because Monday is my team outing and we are visiting a resort in the outskirts of the city. I am totally looking forward to that. What plans do you guys have for the lovely weekend? Coming to the product I am going to review today, it is an eyeliner I have with me for the last 2 years and I use it every now and then on special occasions. It is almost over now and I thought that it was a good time to review it. I came across this product when I was placing an order for one of the Sleek MakeUp eye shadow palettes from their official website and thought it was a good time to try a glitter eyeliner. It wasn’t too pricey, so I thought of giving it a try plus there weren’t that many affordable glitter eyeliners in India at that time. Let’s see if it managed to impress me.
This long-lasting liquid eyeliner with glittering flecks will bring instant glamour to your look, the light texture glides on easily for a high-impact finish. Long-wearing and Crease-resistant.
Directions For Use:
Apply using the brush applicator provided directly to the top lash line, carefully building up as you go, wipe off excess before applying to the eye.
It retails for USD 6.99 for 5.5 ml on their official website, but I believe it was priced lower when I bought it. It is available in 7 shades.
My Experience with Sleek Makeup Glitter Dip It Eyeliner in Gem for Glamorous Glittery Eyes:
I did not expect the bottle to be so tiny when I received it. It is a light, sleek and tiny blue bottle which can be easily tossed in your makeup bag as it hardly takes any space. It comes with a brush applicator with a long handle which helps immensely during application since it gives you a sturdy hold.
Blue is one of my favorite colors and in eyeliners I feel blue is one of the colors that flatters my eye apart from black. Green and Blue are the only colors I am into when it comes to colored eyeliners out of which blue is easily my favorite. I really liked the lovely royal blue color of this eyeliner when I saw it on their website and I was happy that the actual color was very close to what I had expected it to be.
The texture and consistency of the product reminds me of the glitter tubes I used to use in my crafts class and in fact it smells very similar too. A single swipe of this on your upper lash line does not give an opaque line and the glitter particles look a little separated. It takes a few swipes to build up the eyeliner in to a solid line, but once you are done with the application, it gives you beautiful glittery royal blue lined eyes without it being over the top.
It totally glams up your look and I feel it is perfect for an evening party. I have received so many compliments, even from friends who are not into makeup. This gives me an assurance that it does not look silly or gaudy like some glitter eyeliners. The lasting power of this eyeliner is pretty good unless you apply water on it. You don’t really require a makeup remover to get this off, rubbing it with some water is sufficient. I feel it is a decent product at the price it comes at and now that it is getting over I don’t find an alternative for this eyeliner in this shade in the Indian market. Any suggestions?
Pros of Sleek Makeup Glitter Dip It Eyeliner in Gem:
- Sleek and light packaging which makes it easy to carry around.
- Brush applicator comes with a long handle giving you good control during application.
- The color is a beautiful unique royal blue which looks stunning on the upper lash line.
- It does not look over the top or gaudy like many other glitter eyeliners.
- It is perfect if you want to instantly glam up your eyes, but still looks sophisticated.
- It will not budge from your eyes the entire evening.
- It does not sting your eyes and is safe for sensitive eyes.
- Not having to use a makeup remover for this can be a plus for lazy souls like me.
- Affordable at the price it comes at.
- It will definitely get you a few compliments 🙂
Cons of Sleek Makeup Glitter Dip It Eyeliner in Gem:
- Takes a few swipes to get a solid opaque line.
- I have been using it for two years and I think it has dried up a bit now. But I think it is any way high time to toss it in the bin.
- It is not waterproof, but I personally don’t mind that.
- One look at the ingredients list and you can spot some parabens in there. There is no escape from them, is it?
- It is not easily available in India and the only way to get your hands on it is to make an international order on their official website. Not to mention the shipping you have to pay.
Would I Repurchase Sleek Makeup Glitter Dip It Eyeliner in Gem?
I will if I am able to ask someone returning from the UK to get it, but for now, I will try to explore the options available in India.
Sleek Makeup i-Divine Mineral Based Primer Palette
Sleek Makeup Au Naturel Palette Review, Swatches – Nude Collection
Sleek Makeup Oh So Special Eyeshadow Palette
Sleek Makeup Blush by 3 Lace
Sleek Makeup Blush By 3 – Pumpkin
Victoria’s Secret Beauty Rush Liquid Glitter Liner
Sleek Makeup Glitter Dip It Eyeliner – Hollywood
Revlon Colorstay Sparkling Eyeliner Green Sparkle
Kryolan Ikonic Gel Liner Pencil: Violet Gem, Black Spark and Navy
Colorbar Ultimate Eyeliner