Hello Beautiful Ladies,
I am very fond of lipsticks and never leave a good opportunity to buy lipsticks. I also love palettes as I feel that palettes are real worth of the money we spend and when I get my lipsticks in palettes, I go crazy.
The same happened with me when I saw this product. Today, I have a lip palette from Sleek Make Up and the shade I have is called ‘Siren’. These palettes contain 4 colors and they come in 6 different shade options. I wanted these palettes ever since I saw them, but at that time sleek was not available in India. However, few days back I saw these palettes and fortunately these were on discount. I instantly grabbed these, plus some products and though, I was confused about which color to buy, I finally decided to go with Siren.
Lip4 is a colour rich lipstick quad designed to suit all skin tones, in a range of complementary shades, with different finishes including matte, gloss and satin.
Get loved up with Lip4 in Siren, a coral hued palette for ultra-kissable lips in Love Me, Desire Me, Miss Me and Kiss Me in matte, gloss and satin finishes for lips that are irresistible!
Comes in a handy component complete with a lip brush and mirror for on-the-go application
Lip 4 is a colour rich lipstick quad designed to suit all skin tones, in a range of complementary shades, with different finishes including matte, gloss and satin. Just like slipping in to a pair of silky ballet slippers, Lip4 in Ballet is packed with satin soft pinks and creamy nude hues.
$13.49 or INR 1008 5.4 g/ 0.19 oz. But, I got this on 30% discount.
My Experience with Sleek Makeup Siren Lip 4 Lipstick Palette:
Packaging: The quad comes packed in a black square box which contains a square shaped palette. It is easy to open and contains a large mirror in the inner side of the lid. The palette comes with a tiny sized lip brush which is actually of no use. The packaging is sturdy and travel friendly which makes this palette a good option to travel with.
Colors: As mentioned, the colors in the palette range from matte to satin to gloss and the same is true for siren. The four colors in the palette are:
1. A nude shade: This is a matte formulation and feels a little drying while applying. Thankfully, the shade does not look weird on the lips and does not wash me out. It actually seems like nothing has been applied on the lips. I personally didn’t like the color much as firstly, it makes my lips dry and secondly, it makes me look a little darker than I actually am.
2. Shade No. 2 is a peachy orange color. The color seems to be a bright orange in the pan, but comes out much lighter on the lips. 2-3 coats of this color need to be applied in order to get a good color on the lips. Applying a single coat does impart some color, but it leaves streaks on the lips and thus the application of second layer becomes necessary. This color too is a matte color.
3. Third shade in the palette is a shade of pink. The color looks like a peachy pink in the palette, but comes out to be a better pink on the lips. This is a satin finish lip color and is my most loved color of the palette. Though, this color too comes out to be streaky in the first coat, it does not makes my lips dry.
4. The forth color of the palette is a bright red. This is a gloss finish lip color which makes it a little easier to use as compared to the other colors. The formula of this color is different from the other which makes it melt faster. This color is really easy to take into the brush and applies very smoothly without drying out the lips.
Pigmentation: Not all the colors in the palette are equally pigmented. The red color is the most pigmented one, whereas the orange is the least pigmented one. The other two colors in the palette are decently pigmented. Except red color, all the colors need at least 2 coats to get a good color pay off, but 3-4 coats of orange are required to get a good non streaky color.
Texture: As these colors are different in formulation, they have different textures. The glossy one is super soft and easy to apply whereas the matte ones are drying and not so easy to use.
Staying Power: Irrespective of the color and the formulation, all the four colors have a decent staying power; none of them stay for a super long time, though. Different number of coats may be required to get an opaque color, but none of them stays for more than 3-4 hours. The pink color might seem to stay a little longer as it stains lips, but no other color does that.
Overall the palette is good for girls who love to try out different colors without spending too much on a single color and also for someone who travels a lot. The palette contains all kind of colors for both a natural as well as a bold look. I personally liked the palette and the shades I got. The little problems I have with the palette can be easily fixed with the help of a lip balm or gloss.
Pros of Sleek Makeup Siren Lip 4 Lipstick Palette:
• Good price for 4 colors.
• Good quality.
• Contains all kinds of shades and formulation.
• Travel friendly.
• Has a large mirror to work with.
• Decent pigmentation and staying power.
• Not tested on animals.
Cons of Sleek Makeup Siren Lip 4 Lipstick Palette:
• Matte colors dry out the lips.
• Colors might look streaky in a single coat.
Would I Repurchase Sleek Makeup Siren Lip 4 Lipstick Palette?
Yes! Not this one, but I actually feel like buying all the available variants.
Would I Recommend Sleek Makeup Siren Lip 4 Lipstick Palette?
Yes! This palette is a complete worth for money.
Sleek Makeup Pressed Powder Superior Cover
Sleek Makeup Face & Body Highlighter Bronze Baby
Sleek Makeup Oh So Special Eyeshadow Palette
Estee Lauder Pure Color Long Lasting Lipstick – Scarlet Siren
MUA Matte Lipstick in Scarlet Siren
Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick – Siren
Lakme Absolute 6 in 1 Travel Kit – Day and Night Palette Lip Sync
Lakme Gypsy Collection Lip Palette
Inglot Lip Palette
Inglot Freedom System Lipstick Palette
Oriflame Jazz Fusion Lip Palette