WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Straightening hair temporarily can take between 10 to 45 minutes depending on how curly, long, and thick your hair is. Women with thick and long hair take up to 2 hours to smoothen their tresses. When you have put so much time and effort into straightening your luscious locks, the last thing you would want is the smooth hair turning rough again. Tossing and turning while getting your beauty sleep messes the beauty of straightened hair. So, here are a few tips to maintain sleep with straightened Hair overnight so that you can reap the benefits for longer.
How to Sleep With Straightened Hair</h3
1. Wrap your Hair with a Silk/Satin Head Scarf: Silk and satin materials reduce friction and thereby greatly eliminates frizz and prevent straightened hair from springing up. So, wrap your hair with a satin or silk scarf before you hit the sack at night, it will also prevent tangles too.
2. Sleep with a silk or satin pillowcase: If wrapping your hair in a scarf doesn’t sound appealing, you can get the same benefits by using a pillowcase made from one of these materials. The pillowcase will reduce the amount of friction against your hair as you move your head throughout the night.
3. Apply an overnight protecting serum to your hair: Use an overnight serum that is low in alcohol and high in keratin protein to help preserve your straightened hair while you sleep.
4. Pin Your Hair Before You Sleep: As we all know, braids are the best way to keep hair while we sleep, but that cannot be done if you want your straight hair to stay. Instead of braiding, pin your hair to your head using bobby pins to limit its ability to bounce up. Simply separate your hair into sections and then comb and wrap it up around your head and then pin it with a curved bobby pin. Build up layers over layers and secure your hair this way. If your hair is very long, you may need to wrap each section around the front of your head and then back toward the back again. Be sure to keep it tight against your head.
5. Avoid Humidity: Humidity can frizz your hair real bad, humidity can frizz up even poker straight hair. To maintain your straightened hair, you need to avoid heat and humidity at all costs. So, use an anti-humidity spray. Also, sweating at night can increase curls and frizziness. Keep your bedroom cool at night by using an air conditioner or leave windows open on cool evenings.
These tips can keep your hair straightened overnight!.