Today’s post is about some skincare hacks that will make your life easier in summer and will retain that glow and radiance even in this hot and humid weather. We may or may not know about them, but most of us fail to implement all of these things together. The thing about these skincare hacks is that they are quite simple to follow, but when done the right way, they can make a world of a difference to your skin, particularly during the scorching summer season when every skin type tends to become dull and greasy. Read all about them in this post.
1. Drink Lots of Water: We’ve all heard this one, over and over again. But how many of us actually drink enough water? Even the requisite 8 glasses of water? Drinking plenty of water throughout the day will rid your body of the toxins, provide ample hydration, will make a difference not only to your skin, but also to your overall health. Use a tall glass or mug to drink a larger quantity at once. You can also slice some lemon or add lemongrass or lavender to your water to make it not only tastier but also more beneficial.
2. Cut Out Junk Food and Eat Clean: Needless to say, eating too much junk food will first show its effect on your skin, it will look dull and tired. But cutting out junk food from your diet is not enough. You will have to add enough green leafy vegetables, fruits and nuts to your diet. All these foods are known to be great for the skin. Tip: If you don’t like eating fruits, you can always add some yogurt and make interesting smoothies for yourself.
3. Apply Aloe Vera Gel Regularly: Especially as a natural soothing treatment after spending a considerable amount of time in the sun. Aloe vera gel soothes, hydrates, moisturizes and acts as a wonderful after-sun gel. This is one of the best ways to use aloe vera gel for skin. Pour some aloe vera gel into an ice tray, refrigerate it, and rub one aloe vera ice cube on the skin daily to get rid of acne-causing bacteria. Also, it will not only work on pimples, but massaging ice cubes would help you get rid of stubborn, unwanted scars.
4. Make Green Tea Ice Cubes To Get Rid of Pimples: Do you see new pimples and breakouts sprouting at the onset of summers? Fret not! Make this effective homemade green tea ice cubes to get rid of zits, breakouts, and acne.
5. Use a Face Mask Once or Twice a Week: For deep cleansing your skin, you must use a clay or a charcoal mask. For deep nourishment, make use of a vitamin E face mask. For different skincare needs, there are several face masks available out there. If you prefer to go natural, then here’s a post with recipes of “8 Fresh Fruit Face Packs For Glowing Skin in Summers.”
6. Change your Sheets: Make it a rule to change your bed sheets and pillow covers at least once a week, if not twice. Once you start following this practice, you will see a marked improvement in your facial skin. Changing your sheets regularly will ensure that the dust, bacteria and oils from your skin don’t accumulate and cause skin infections and acne. Also, who doesn’t like getting into bed when there clean and crisp sheets waiting for you?
7. Always wash your face at night: If you can only wash your face once a day, make sure that it is at night. Remove every trace of makeup (ideally with an oil-based cleanser—keep makeup wipes for when you’re on the go or really tired) and give your face a thorough cleanse. You may or may not wash your face every morning. Your skin produces essential oils while you sleep at night, so just a quick rinse with water in the morning will do the trick to keep your skin feeling nice, but if you have acne-prone skin, you might want to do what works best for your skin type.
8. Wear Sunscreen at all Times: Wear sunscreen every single day of the year. Summer or winter, rainy or cloudy, indoors or outdoors, your sunscreen will protect your skin from not only the harmful UV rays of the sun but also from harsh indoor lighting and other environmental factors that cause skin damage and premature skin ageing. So, always wear your sunscreen! Here’s a list of “10 Best Fragrance Free Sunscreens in India” if you are looking for one without fragrance.