Smashbox Wish For the Perfect Pout
I am really not a gloss person. Although I do use glosses from time to time, it’s just I am not too crazy about them. This resulted into me not buying glosses at all. I always get attracted more towards lippies and I hardly have 2-3 glosses, which are mainly Colorbar and Maybelline. So I really wanted some good quality, good brand glosses, just to see what all the fuss is about.
So when my aunt went to USA and asked me if I wanted anything, I looked up online and found this gorgeous Smashbox gloss set.
Smashbox actually has a “Wish for perfect” range which includes:
1. WISH FOR THE PERFECT PALETTE (A huge all in one palette containing everything!!)
2. EYE WISH PALETTE (A gorgeous set of eyeshadows)
3. WISH LIST (A mix of all Smashbox bestsellers)
4. WISH FOR THE PERFECT POUT (An award winning lip gloss set)
5. WISH FOR THE PERFECT PRIMERS (A set of the best-selling Photo Finish primers)
6. WISH FOR THE PERFECT PENCILS
And many more….
Tempting as all of them were, I restricted myself to the gloss set. 😛
Now, I got this set for the following reasons:
1. Smashbox is a realllly nice brand which I had never tried before.
2. The total cost of the 6 glosses is $96, but the set is only $29!!!! (No, there is no mistake. :P)
3. I really liked the assortment of colours. They were ranging from the palest pink to the darkest berry.
4. These glosses are individual Smashbox bestsellers.
5. All the proceeds from the “wish for Perfect” range go to Children’s Miracle Network. (A charity for Children’s hospitals.)
So, let’s get on with the review.
So, this is my WISH FOR THE PERFECT POUT set.
It contains the following glosses. (From left to right)
1. Luster (6 ml): It’s a nude, almost colourless gloss with obvious multi coloured shimmer. It works best on nude lippies. It doesn’t work on its own for me, but may look good on very fair women. I wear it on nudes, pinks or to tone down a bright coloured lippie.
2. Candid (6 ml): it’s a hot coral and it’s one of my favourite shades in this palette. It too has fine golden shimmer.
3. Baby pout (4.2 ml): A cool toned baby pink with silver and multi coloured shimmer. It doesn’t work on my skin tone at all. So I pair it with warm rusts and browns to make it work for me. But for many fair women, this will be a MLBB shade.
4. Ecstasy (4.2 ml): This was the biggest surprise for me in this palette. It’s a blackcurrant coloured gloss with loads of silver shimmer. I though this would never look good on me. But this is the one gloss I wear the most from this set. It goes deep plum on the lips and is the only gloss I love to wear on its own. It’s dark, it’s sinful, it’s ecstasy!!
5. Divine (4.2 ml): It’s a golden bronze gloss with very fine golden shimmer. A totally my kinda colour.. It looks awessssome with smokey eyes!! :-* :-* I lovvvve it!!
6. Radiant (4.2 ml): It’s a plummy pink with golden and multi coloured shimmer. It’s again a MLBB shade for me and would work amazingly well with both darker and lighter skin tones.
Here are the swatches of all the shades:
(From Left to right: Luster, Candid, baby pout, Ecstasy, Divine and Radiant.)
1. You get to try on a variety of colours and there is hardly anyone which you won’t like.
2. The quality is amazing. These are absolutely non-sticky.
3. These are sheer enough to layer on lippies and opaque enough to wear alone.
4. These are probably the longest wearing lip glosses I have ever tried. They just stay on and on until I have a lip-smacking meal. The longest I have worn them is 5-6 hrs. Even after they start fading, there is a little shine and even shimmer on my lips.
5. They tend to transfer on glasses and skin (Er.. You know I keep kissing my 2 yr old nephew na… Datty minds!!)
6. But the transfer can easily b prevented by licking lips before drinking/kissing. 😛 😛
7. Each of them smells differently and that’ the only thing I could notice. The fragrance is veryyy subtle, which I like the most.
8. They are absolutely tasteless, that’s probably the reason of their long-stay. 😀
9. I love love love the wand tip!!! It’s very dainty and pointy. So I can even line my lips if I want, which of course I don’t do.. But the point is you will never go out of the lip line with such a narrow wand.
10. Also, the mouth of every gloss tube is fitted with a narrow plastic sleeve. So the wand wipes itself out before coming out of the tube. So even after prolonged usage, the mouth of the tube is not sticky, gooey and dirty. I hate sticky gloss tubes. Yuck!! The tube in the following pic has been used at least 10-15 times and it’s spanking clean. Yay!!
11. The glosses just smooth out my lips and despite of being very shimmery don’t accentuate the lines on the lips.
12. I carry these everywhere and they NEVER spill. The cap clicks shut when you rotate, so it’s all cool.
13. The ingredients list for EACH gloss is given at the back of the carton Amazing na??
1. None!!! I love everything about these. For a person like me who doesn’t buy glosses all the time, this is a good collection.
2. Though I wish they had included 1-2 non-shimmery shades in this too.
Alas, our wishes never end.
I am loving this set extremely. If it’s available by the time I finish these I would definitely buy this again. But as it’s limited edition, I am not sure it’ll happen.
My rating: :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
Hope you liked this really long review.
Lots of love