Smokey Blue Eye Makeup Tutorial
I reviewed the NYX Sensual eyeshadow and just can’t seem to get enough of this eyeshadow. So, I thought of trying another EOTD using this gorgeousness. It turned out pretty okay and even “the husband” complimented me on it saying that it was an unconventional mix of colors – so I thought I would share the tutorial with you guys.
Keeping my fingers crossed that you guys like it too!
1. Start by priming your eyes – I have used the ELF Sheer Eyelid Primer here.
2. Apply a dark base – I didn’t want a lot of purple undertones, so used plain black Lakme kajal to draw a thick line on my eyelids and extended it up to a little below my crease. This need not be very neat – just thick.
3. Now, with your fingers, gently blend out the kajal upwards to a little above your crease as you see in the pic.
4. Now that the base is ready, pat on any dark eyeshadow of your choice – I have used NYX Sensual here – be sure to cover the entire dark base.
5. Now, extend it up to a little above your crease by blending this nicely so that the harsh line of the dark base is not visible. Blending is the key here.
6. It should look smooth and nicely blended like you see in the pic
7. Leave a tiny part of the inner corner free of any shadow – the exact amount that you would leave for highlighting the inner corner.
8. Place the bright blue eyeshadow in the inner corner with a pencil brush and blend it slightly with the dark color.
9. Line your eyes and put mascara – and you are ready!
You may blend the bright inner corner shade as much or as little you want – either way, it would look good. Another color that looks great in that corner for this look is a bright yellow or red.
Here are some pics of the finished look:
1. ELF Eyelid Primer.
2. NYX Sensual Eyeshadow
3. MAC Electric Eel.
4. Lakme Eyeliner and Kajal.
5. Clinique High Impact Mascara.
6. MAC 219, MAC 217 brushes.
So, how did you find this EOTD? Will be waiting for your comments with bated breath!
Dark Blue Smokey Eye Makeup
Shimmery Grey Black Smokey Eye Makeup Tutorial
Silver Plum Eye Makeup Tutorial
Lakme Eye Quartet Botanica Green Eye Makeup Tutorial
Easy Office Eye MakeUp Tutorial
Silver Smokey Eye Makeup Tutorial
Eye makeup tutorial using MAC Siahi Fluidline
Golden Black Eye Makeup Tutorial
Easy 3-minute Neutral Eye Makeup Tutorial
Eye Makeup: Soft Smokey Eyes- Makeup Tutorial
Blue Pink Eye Makeup Tutorial
Eye Makeup Tutorial : Golden Bronze
Diwali Makeup Tutorial – Glitterly Golden Blue Eyes
Estee Lauder Blue Dahlia Eye Makeup Tutorial
Pretty Green Eye Makeup Tutorial
Soft Green Eye Makeup Tutorial
Golden Brown Eye Makeup Tutorial
Indian Wedding Golden Blue Eye Makeup Look Tutorial
32 thoughts on “Smokey Blue Eye Makeup Tutorial”
Thanks Pooh 😀
bold n beautiful:)
Thank u thank u 😀 Mwaaah!
Stunning and a gorgeous EOTD. Thanks for sharing Aarbee! 😀
Glad you liked it Shilpa – thanks so much!
very pretty 🙂
Thanks Shilpi 😀
Beautiful smokey eye and lovely EOTD
Thanks so much Shajeela! I love your name – what does it mean?
Awesome… Very neat
😀 thanks Preethi!
you know aarbee, you do the most stunning eye makeup combinations. I loooooved loved this one. I guess I’d give this one a try for sure. :)) Pretty your eyes look. 🙂
Oooooh feels so awesome to hear that! Thank you 😀 Yes, I am trying some unconventional color combos recently – have had too much of neutrals!
Do try it and I am sure it would turn out beautiful on your eyes, please share 😀
U look beautiful…
Thanks a bunch Anwesha!
stunning tutorial aarbee. loved every bit 🙂
Thanks so much Surbhi! I am glad the tute turned out okay – not very good at clicking pics while doing eye makeup but practicing 😀
your makeup is wonderful Arbee…..i would def try this….
Oh it would look lovely on your pretty eyes! Please do it and share 😀
wow…pretty interesting unlike other eye make-ups…got to learn a lot from you 🙂 thumbs up!!
That’s so sweet of you Geetanjali! Feels great to hear that, thanks so much 😀
Hey Aarbee, I simply loved the combination of blue and grey in this EOTD. You did it so well. 🙂
Thanks so much Anushree – its actually a dark purply black 😀
my god ur color choice is awesome aarbee.. 🙂 it looks so colorful dat m also tempted to do same.. 🙂 beautiful eyes n pretty make up!!
Oh yes do try it, m sure it would look beautiful on you! Thanks a ton Neetu!
I’m fainting…looks so good..loved that blue..
LOL – thats so cute! Thanks Mithu 😀
Thanks so much Samyukta! 🙂
Looks really awesome and what beautiful eyes u have got !!
Thanks so much for the wonderful compliment Supriya 😀