Hello our lovely readers!
How have you been? Enjoying the summers? Well, I am extremely sorry for disappearing all of a sudden, I was busy with my college, tuition and studies. My Exams are just around the corner. Way too tensed I am! Anyway, let’s come back to this post! It’s summer! The season – I hate the most. Our skin gets tanned, hair gets dry and rough and everyone gets all sweaty! We drink all sorts of cold drinks, fruit juices, smoothies to keep our body fit and hydrated but what about our hair? They need to be hydrated too, they need some pampering too just like our skin! Yes, today I am going to share a hair smoothie recipe with you all. A smoothie for hair that makes your hair smooth, keeps it hydrated and restores the shine! This is my all time favourite hair smoothie recipe that I let my hair enjoy once every week! Without wasting much time let’s get started now!
• One completely ripe banana (you can also use one overripe banana, both work great)
• 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
• 2-3 tablespoons of raw aloe vera pulp.
• 2 tablespoon of soy-milk (optional).
• 1 teaspoon of unrefined shea butter(optional hence not in the pic)
• Yolk of 1 egg.
• Mixer grinder.
• Add the whole banana in your mixer grinder and pulse it for 6-7 times.
• Add all your aloe vera pulps and grind it for about 10-12 seconds.
• Add soy-milk, egg yolk and olive oil. Pulse it 3 times.
• Add shea butter. Pulse it 5 times.
Your Hair smoothie is now ready! 😀
How To Apply:
• Strain the smoothie so that no banana seed or chunk sticks to your hair.
• No need to wet your hair. Comb your hair with a wooden comb thoroughly.
• Make thin sections and apply the smoothie to each sections coating each hair strand nicely.
• Yes, you can apply it to your scalp and massage gently.
• Cover your hair with a shower cap and let it sit for about 20-30 minutes.
• Rinse off the smoothie with plain room temperature water. Shampoo and condition as usual.
• Let it dry, now feel your hair and come back here to thank me later 😛
• The consistency will be runny but silky. If you don’t want it to be too runny, you can skip the soy-milk and add only 2 tablespoon of aloe vera pulp instead of 3 tablespoon.
• This hair smoothie is for those lovelies who suffer from extremely dry, rough and damaged hair. Not sure if this is going to work for those who have oily hair.
• Yes, I have added egg yolk even though this hair smoothie is for dry hair. I have heard people say – egg white makes dry hair smooth and shiny. I have tried this smoothie using both yolk and egg white. Surprisingly, when I added the egg white and not the yolk, after washing off this smoothie, my hair became rough, dull and had a disgusting frizzy texture that I couldn’t tolerate at all! Next week when I tried this again with egg yolk , I was like OMG seriously?? 😛 My hair became so smooth that I couldn’t believe it’s my hair at first!
• So don’t believe what others say, try it for yourself and see what works best for you!
So what are you waiting for? Try this hair smoothie now and surprise your friends with your smooth,shiny hair this summer! Stay Beautiful!
20 Best Homemade Hair Packs
Frizzy Hair: Causes, Treatments, Products, Home Remedies
Hair Care : Do It Yourself Hair Protein Pack
Hibiscus Hair Mask To Prevent Dry Hair and Dandruff In Winter: Do-It-Yourself
Homemade Hair Mask for Dandruff, Hairfall & Shiny Hair: D.I.Y.
Best Homemade Anti-Dandruff Hair Packs
Make Your Own Nourishing Hair Oil At Home – Do It Yourself
DIY: Homemade Overnight Hair Mask
Honey and Olive Oil Homemade Hair Mask
Elle 18 Lip Smoothie Burnt Choco, Peach Afterglow Review, Swatches
Elle 18 Lip Smoothie – Vanilla Heat
Image source 1