WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Hope you all had a nice weekend. For me, weekend means going out, meeting friends and doing some shopping, sounds fun right? But it is not possible to do the same every weekend. I cannot sleep in the afternoon, I just do not get sleep and sitting ideal irritates me. I feel good when I do something creative. That’s the reason I keep looking/thinking for DIY project ideas and this idea of making my own solid perfume was there on my list for a really long time. I wanted to make it using beeswax, but finding beeswax was a big challenge. I looked for it everywhere, but could not find it. So, finally I decided to replace beeswax with petroleum jelly, as I saw it in the ingredient list of some of the solid perfumes available in the market. So, gather all the ingredients girls and let’s get started:
- Beeswax or Petroleum jelly (if using Vaseline, use the original version, the clear one).
- Carrier oil like sweet almond or olive or jojoba oil (I used sweet almond oil).
- Essential oil of your choice (this one will decide the fragrance of solid perfume. You can use one or mix of many as per your fragrance preference. I used rose oil).
- Clean container to store solid perfume (I used a decorated Sindoor ki dibbi made of tin).
- One small container to mix oils, preferably non-metallic.
- Toothpicks for mixing.
Procedure for Making Solid Perfume:
Step 1: In the small oil mixing container, add ½ spoon of carrier oil if you are using petroleum jelly. In case of beeswax, add one spoon of carrier oil.
Step 2: In same container, add 22-25 drops of essential oil. In case of mix of essential oils, take 7-10 drops of each essential oil to reach total 25 drops. With help of toothpick, mix the oils, then smell it to make sure this is the fragrance you want.
Step 3: In a heat safe container, add 1 spoon of petroleum jelly.
Step 4: Then, melt it using double boiling method (boil water in a pan and put this container inside that). You can melt in in microwave also, choice is yours.
Step 5: It may take 10 seconds or so to melt it fully, once melted take the container out.
Step 6: Quickly, add the mix of oils in melted petroleum jelly.
Step 7: Stir it using toothpick (not using metal spoon, as we don’t want our utensils to smell like perfume).
Step 8: Transfer the mixture in clean storing container.
Step 9: Let it set for 30 minutes or more. Once done, the texture should feel like lip balm or soft lipstick. That is all your own solid perfume is ready.
Solid perfumes are handy to use, and easy to carry around. They are also alcohol free so bonus for people with sensitive skin. This way you can mix and create fragrance of your own choice, personalized smell. I was super excited after making this. I wore it to office and friends asked me which perfume I am wearing, then I proudly told then that it’s my own creation. It stays on me for 2-3 hours, however, using beeswax will improve staying power. My hunt for beeswax is still on. If anyone knows where I can get it in Bangalore, please let me know.
I hope you all like this DIY and will try it too.
- Always smell the essential oil mix before making your perfume to make sure it is the fragrance you like/want.
- You can use any tin/glass container like mint box, empty lip balm or compact box, or even old lockets to store your perfume.
- Petroleum jelly makes lighter and softer solid perfume, so do not add more oil, which will make it difficult to set.
- To get fresh fragrance, you can use lemon, orange or grapefruit oil. For floral scents, use rose, lavender, etc. For woodsy smell, use sandalwood and cedar are good options. You can use any mix of oils you like to wear.
- Wear it on pulse points like behind the ear, on the wrists, behind the knees, etc., perfumes work wonderfully with body heat.
How To Make Ginger Infused Skin Nourishment Pack: DIY
Aroma Magic Almond Nourishing Cream
Chanel Precision Hydramax + Active Nutrition Nourishing Cream
Fab India Coral Glow Face Pack
Easy Homemade Face Packs for Dry and Oily Skin
Anti Aging Homemade Face Pack (With Photos)
Biotique Pistachio Ageless Nourishing & Revitalizing Face Pack
Lotus Herbals Face Pack Review: Teatreeclear,Claywhite, Marinyouth
10 Tips for Glowing Skin from Kitchen Shelf
Homemade Turmeric Face Pack for Skin
Aroma Magic Mineral Face Pack Detoxifying Mask
Jovees Anti Tan and Clarifying Herbal Face Pack
Homemade Face Pack for Skin Whitening
Dhathri Fairness Face Pack
Aroma Magic Calamine Face Pack Acne Skin
Everyuth Home Facial- Papaya Face Pack
Olay Age Protect Anti-Ageing Cream
Garnier Wrinkle Lift Anti-Ageing Cream
Everyuth Natural Cucumber Face Pack
Biotique Milk Protein Face Pack
Anti Aging Homemade Face Pack (With Photos)
Freeman Clay Mask with Avocado and Oatmeal
Lotus Herbals Skin Polisher : Kiwi & Grapes
L’Occitane Rose 4 Reines Solid Perfume
L’Occitane Delice De Fleurs Solid Perfume