WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
St. Ives soothing oatmeal and shea butter advanced body moisturiser.
Pheww long name!! But it does it all; and more. !! 😀
I was in need of a good body moisturiser which is not too expensive. When i saw this bottle , after reading all what it claims and seeing its jumbo size at Rs 290 (for 532ml!!!!!!) . I just couldn’t resist picking it up!
Lets see what it says-
Wrap ur skin in soothing hydration with this award winning body lotion. Natural ingredients help deliver long lasting relief from dry itchy skin. This formula with oatmeal and naturally rich shea butter nourishes and intensely hydrates the skin for immediate relief, while it works to restore your skin back to health.
And a little about st.ives, thats written there
St ives is dedicated to bring u the best of nature with formulas that delight the senses as they work.we understand that little everyday choices that we make can impact overall quality of life thats why st.ives is a conscientious formulator of quality products.
My experience with this moisturiser.
Its a white jumbo bottle with a pump( yeay!)
The consistency is some where between lotion and creamy.Just perfect . It is not too runny or too thick hence it spreads well.
Below is the pic of how It gets absorbed easily leaving a healthy matte finish
The fragrance is quite strong its smells of cocoa,coconut and slightly orangey(synthetic-ish orange smell not citrus-y).. overall; to put it together in 2 words it smells annoyingly “sweet”. Although it might not be a problem for many, since it is not a bad fragrance since its also smells of cocoa and many I know like coconut fragrance too. I personally don’t like it though
What I absolutely loved about St Ives Advanced Body Moisturiser:
- Its “just right” consistency . its not too irritatingly runny or stubbornly creamy. Its spreads very very well and i mean it….
- Hence a little goes a long way.
- It gets absorbed well with a matte finish without any oily film that most heavy moisturisers leave on my skin
- Leaves my skin soooper silky and smooth.. so much so, that it stays all day and if i apply it in evenings also my skin feels super soft, supple and smooth till the next morning.
- It is soothing
- Has improved the texture of my skin
- Works as a great hand cream
- It does give instant relief from itchy skin
- Not tested on animals
- Does not contain animal ingredients
- Bottle contains 20% post consumer recycled material
- Dermatologically tested
- Formulated without PARABENS AND PHTHALATES!!!! Yeayyy.. im quite pshyched about this fact at this price !!!
- 532ml for rs 290 😉
- Hygienic pump packaging
- Simple classy looking packaging,font, colours etc of the bottle..seriously..it looks quite cute and classy on the shelf 😉
What i didnt like about St Ives Advanced Body Moisturiser
- The strong fragrance.Although I don’t mind it soo much since it settles to a light fragrance after 5 mins and thereafter I don’t seem to mind it at all. I don’t mind bearing it for 1st five minutes for a product that delivers soooo much
- Might not be available easily. Maybe only in imported cosmetics selling shops.
Would I recommend it to others?
Absolutely yes!! It delivers a LOT without burning a hole in your pocket.
P.S I find it better than the body shop strawberry body butter (which i had a lot of hopes on but turned out to be a bummer for me)
Also, I find it better than the ever famous l’occitaine hand cream for dry skin.. Seriously!
Product rating: :-* :-* :-* :-* and a half