Before starting the actual topic let us first understand what PCOS is and what are its symptoms. This will enable all of us to understand the topic better. Maybe it can help someone too.
What is PCOS?
PCOS stands for Polycystic Ovary Syndrome is a problem in which a woman’s hormones are out of balance. It can cause problems with your periods and make it difficult to get pregnant. PCOS leads to the growth of many small cysts, which look like black dots in an ultrasound, in ovaries.
Symptoms of POS:
PCOS symptoms usually present themselves during puberty but may also begin in the early to mid 20s. Certain symptoms are life-long, others will cease at menopause.
• Weight gain
• Thicker and darker facial hair
• Thinning hair on the scalp
• Trouble in getting pregnant
• Irregular periods
• Patches of skin on the neck, arms, breasts, or thighs that are thick and dark brown or black.
Mentioned below are some really simple natural home remedies that will help you prevent loss of hair due to PCOS.
• Apply goose berry (amla) juice on your scalp and let it stay for 2-3 hours before you wash your hair.
• Avoid excess intake of sugar as well as simple carbohydrates as they may lead to over-production of testosterone, which is responsible for reducing the rejuvenation of the hair follicles in the scalp.
• Take a protein rich diet.
• Do a vigorous rubbing of the scalp with fingers after washing the hair with cold water. It is also a good natural hair loss treatment.
• Heat 250 milliliters of coconut oil in a pan, and add 3-4 Indian gooseberries cut into pieces. Heat until the gooseberries turn dark brown or black. Use the oil for a hair massage 2-3 times a week. Massage the head with oil for 15-20 minutes and then rinse with a shampoo. A hot oil massage with olive oil will also help.
• Massage the scalp and hair with coconut milk or Aloe Vera gel. Leave it for ½ hour, and then rinse with warm water. Do this thrice a week.
• Mix aloe Vera with herbal powder triphala and apply it to the hairs. Continue this for three to six months. New hairs will start growing.
• Boil one cup mustard oil with four tablespoon heena (mehendi) leaves. Filter it and keep it in a bottle. Message it on the bald patches regularly. It is very effective natural remedy for baldness.
Though, these remedies may be helpful yet it is advised that you seek a medical advice before trying out anything at home.
How to Stop Hair Loss
Treat Itchy Scalp With Home Remedies And Tips
Homemade Hair Regrowth Oil to Prevent Hair Loss
Supplements for Hair Growth
Dove Damage Therapy Hair Fall Rescue Shampoo
Nyle Naturals Hair Fall Defence Shampoo
New Himalaya Herbals Anti-Hair Fall Shampoo
L’Oreal Paris Fall Repair Anti-Hair Fall Shampoo
Sunsilk Hair Fall Solution Shampoo and Conditioner
Vichy Dercos Energizing Anti Hair Loss Shampoo
Weight Loss Diet During Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
Ramya’s story on PCOS and Weight loss
Polycystic Ovarian Disease….A Rising Epidemic