This is my first gloss form the Megashine range and I am having a love – hate relationship with this. The extremely pocket friendly price and the cute – chic packaging of the gloss attracted me. Let’s read further to know that whether you all should pick this shade or not.
Product Details: Make your lips irresistible and glamorous in just one swipe with Street Wear Colour Rich Lip Gloss. Just put it on and stay stylish and envy for many.
Features and Benefits:
- Moisturizes the lips.
- Stays on for long duration.
- Doesn’t smudge as the day goes by.
- Glamorous color that leaves your lips looking gorgeous and enticing along with that not-so-easily fading sheen.
- Apart from giving glam color to your lips, it also moisturizes them so that they don’t get dry even hours after application.
Price: INR 150.
Packaging: The gloss comes in a transparent plastic tube, with a matte finish black cap, in which the regular doe- foot applicator is attached. Like all the other products in this range, there is a toon girl sticker on the tube, which gives it a more attractive look. The applicator picks decent amount of gloss to cover upper and lower lips in once.
My Take on Street Wear Color Rich Mega Shine Lip gloss in Smokey Brown:
Shade: Smokey brown is an n*de light brown shade, with concentrated silver shimmers in it which gives the gloss a silvery or frosty kind of sheen. The color would appear more pleasing without the shimmers in it or sheen in it, but still the color is very natural and perfect to wear in offices. The unpleasing sheen to the gloss can make the color not so suitable for every skin tone, but fair to medium skin tones can carry of this color.
Texture and Finish: The gloss has smooth and creamy texture to it; it glides easily imparting even color on lips. The consistency in neither very thick sticky neither very runny. The shimmers in it can’t be felt on lips as they are very finely milled and they don’t affect the even application of the gloss. The gloss doesn’t have that too much heavy or waxy kind of feeling; it feels quite light weight on lips. The gloss is very moisturizing, it won’t exaggerate dry lips. The name says Megashine, I would say the gloss doesn’t gives that super glossy shine or very plump effects on lips, but the shimmers in this color gives the gloss a reflective shine.
Pigmentation: Smokey brown is a much pigmented shade; it has the appropriate amount of color and glossiness like a gloss to it. The gloss is apt for pigmented lips as it covers flaws of lips very well in single swipe.
Staying Power: The gloss lasted on me for 2.5 – 3 hrs on me without eating anything. Though the gloss starts fading after 1.5 hrs from the inner corner of lips and after 2.5 hrs the color will completely fades away, leaving the glossy sheen and shimmers behind on lips. The gloss doesn’t bleed at all, even if you layer it on, but being a gloss it does transfers easily. The gloss won’t settles on fine lines of lips, but the shimmers will stick behind even if the gloss fades away. It won’t survive heavy meals but you can munch light snacks if you won’t mind re-applying it.
Pros of Street Wear Color Rich Mega Shine Lip Gloss in Smokey Brown:
- The gloss has a very smooth, creamy texture to it.
- The shade is perfect to wear every day.
- Pigmentation is decent. Covers flaws on the lips in single swipe.
- Packaging is very decent.
- Price is very reasonable.
- Doesn’t exaggerate dry lips and is very hydrating on lips.
- Doesn’t feels waxy or heavy on lips.
- Being a gloss I won’t say the staying power is extremely bad for 2.5- 3 hrs.
- The gloss won’t bleed even if you layer it on.
Cons of Street Wear Color Rich Mega Shine Lip Gloss in Smokey Brown:
- You won’t prefer the shade if you hate too much shimmery glosses. I think such people should really skip this one.
- The loads of shimmers give the beautiful color an unpleasant sheen, which again makes it not suitable for dusky skin tones.
- Staying power would have been better and also the gloss fades unevenly from lips.
- The shimmers would stick behind even after the gloss fades away.
- The gloss doesn’t have that Megashine to it; because of the shimmers it gives a reflective shine, which again is not so pleasing.
Will I Recommend Street Wear Color Rich Mega Shine Lip Gloss in Smokey Brown?
No, I would suggest skipping this shade, as the heavy loaded shimmery shade isn’t worth a try. It won’t suit every skin tone; the concentrated shimmers in it has ruined the pretty nude brownish color. So its better you choose the other shades in this range.
IMBB Rating: 3.5/ 5.
Streetwear Color Rich Mega Shine Lip Gloss – Death by Chocolate
StreetWear Color Rich Mega Shine Lipgloss – Smitten by Pink
Street Wear Color Rich Mega Shine Lip Gloss – 06 Party Melon
Streetwear Color Rich Mega Shine Lip Gloss in Sparkling Wine
Streetwear Color Rich Mega Shine Lipgloss – Valentine Rose
Streetwear Color Rich Mega Shine Lip Gloss – Earthy Touch
Streetwear Mega Shine Lip Gloss – 1 Ruby Dazzle
15 Best Streetwear Lip Glosses
Maybelline Water Shine Extra Volume Lip Gloss in Voluptuous Brown
Maybelline Watershine Liquid Gloss Naked Brown
Lotus Herbals Ecostay Lip Gloss Sparkling Rum