After my stretch marks article a lot of ladies were really interested on knowing the cures and treatments for getting rid of stretch marks so here I am, with cures and treatments for stretch marks.
Before spilling the beans on stretch marks cures, let me be very specific on one thing that you have to start curing them in the initial stages itself. You have to start curing them when they are in the red, pink, green or purple colors itself, and have to prevent them from turning silvery white, because then it will be highly impossible to cure the stretch marks.
- First of all, massage your stretch marks regularly. Use moisturizers which contain cocoa butter as its key ingredient. Cocoa butter basically hydrates the skin, which makes it supple.
- Not just cocoa butter, but rose hip oil, olive oil, almond oil, emu oil, jojoba oil, castor oil, and shea butter massages are also great for getting rid of stretch marks.
- Mix equal proportions of almond oil, avocado oil and jojoba oil with very few drops of chamomile and lavender oil. Use this oil for daily massages to get rid of stretch marks.
- Exfoliating daily is like very important for getting rid of the stretch marks. You can use a loofah for this. There are various shower gels available especially for stretch marks, you can use that or simple, regular soaps and shower gels. Take hot path in particular for getting rid of stretch marks, since hot water baths increases blood circulation. 🙂 You can also use a body brush.
- Wheat germ oil massages, in the initial stages itself, reduces the stretch marks.
- Glycolic acid is supposedly one of the most trusted and tested home remedies for stretch marks since it augments the production of collagen. It also helps in the exfoliation of the upper skin layer which further makes the stretch marks appear lighter and reduce eventually.
- Vitamin C also augments the production of collagen and hence is great for treating stretch marks. A combination of vitamin C with glycolic acid is the best remedy for getting rid of stretch marks.
- Not just vitamin C but vitamin A and E are very much responsible for your stretch marks. Supplementing Vitamin A and E is also very important to increase the elasticity and strength of your skin. This will in turn reduce chances of stretch marks development.
- Including zinc in your diet also ensures strength and elasticity of the skin, thus avoiding stretch marks.
- You can break open regular vitamin E capsules and massage the oil over the stretch marks regularly or daily. Do this at least for 2 weeks.
- Take equal proportions of aloe vera, olive oil, vitamin E oil, vitamin A oil and mix them together. Now apply the mixture on the stretch marks, massage it into the skin. You can apply this mixture overnight and wash it off in the morning.
- A combination of retinoids and Glycolic acid is great for removing stretch marks. But retinoids must be avoided in pregnancy.
- Vicks Vapor Rub is apparently great for getting rid of stretch marks. Just apply some of it on a wash cloth or a tissue and massage it vigorously on your stretch marks. Do this every night for quick results.
- Tanning also diminishes and eliminates minor stretch marks; make sure that you have your sunscreen on before this.
- Self tanner is also a great cosmetic way to lighten the stretch marks. But before applying a tanner, always exfoliate. This ensures flawless results.
- Coffee & Olive oil, yes you read it right, amazing combination na? Well, this is the second best thing to do with coffee beans. Just grind coffee beans in a consistent powder, and then mix it with olive oil. Now apply the paste like mixture on your stretch marks affected area and massage for 15 to 20 minutes for a minute or so. Now wrap the area with a cling wrap so that it stays warm and get down into your skin. Leave for around 15-20 minutes and then wash off with warm water.
- You can also use a simple apricot scrub for getting rid of stretch marks. You can also mix any body scrub with cod liver oil or olive oil and massage it into your stretch mark affected area.
- A massage with a mixture of olive oil, shea butter and almond oil can reduce stretch marks astonishingly.
- Also a mixture of cocoa butter, wheat germ oil, apricot kernel oil, vitamin E oil and grated beeswax is great for getting rid of stretch marks. Massage this paste into your skin at least 3-4 times a day. 🙂
- Potato juice is also a great remedy for getting rid of stretch marks. Of course you can add flavor to it, or sugar may be.
- Please stay tuned for the other remedies for getting rid of stretch marks.
Stretch Marks- Causes
Stretch Marks and Dark Under Arms Cure
Face: Skin Whitening Products
Homemade Face Pack for Skin Whitening
Top 15 Stretch Marks Removal Creams and Oils in India
How to Use Bio Oil for Wrinkles and Stretch Marks