Gym wear style?? It’s just a gym not a fashion show I am going to. This is what I said when someone mentioned this to me some time back.
It was only recently that I paid some attention to my gym wear and brought the necessary changes. One thing that I noticed is that when you look good you feel motivated and confident even when you are sweating like pig.
Clothing tips for gym:
• Do not neglect your body shape while selecting your gym wear. Doing so will enable you to stay confident and not feel self conscious which in turn will help you stay focused and workout better.
• Bring some colour and stay goodbye to plain boring colours. Colourful outfits cheer up your mood which will further help you give you best while working out.
• Wear a well-fitting sports bra before you start working out in gym. These are designed to let you stay comfortable while exercising. Make sure the straps don’t dig into your shoulders or the band into your rib cage. It should fit snugly, but you should be able to breathe comfortably. Look for tank tops and slim-fitting clothes made from performance materials that wick away sweat to help keep you cool and dry at the gym.
• Pay attention to cut and fabric. Opt for fabrics that are comfortable and dry out quickly. Your gym wear should not restrict your movements; rather it should allow you to move freely. Look for clothing made of synthetic material such as nylon, acrylic, or polypropylene for a good balance of functionality and comfort.
• Never ever wear dress socks with your gym shoes. To avoid blisters and other foot problems opt for socks made from acrylic or an acrylic blend as this material does not retain moisture like cotton and wool.
• As far as bottoms are concerned go for the ones keeping in mind the type of exercise you’ll be doing once you’re at the gym. These days the market is full of wide variety of gym bottoms to choose from. Opt for cotton or polyester gym shorts for cycling classes, cropped leggings for yoga and stretch pants for Pilates and general exercise. People with sensitive skin can opt for spandex shorts or skateboarding shorts in the gym. Look for pants that stay put and have an adjustable waistline for a more personalized fit.
So what are you waiting for grab the stylish gym wear and start out with your exercise plan in a much glamorised way.
Hope these tips will help you to stay stylish during your workout session.
How do you dress up for gym?