Leather isn’t just for edgy ladies; it can be ladylike, tasteful and flawlessly wearable if you know how to style it. Like denims, leather too can be styled in a number of easy, not so over-the-top ways.
Mentioned below are few tips that will help you rock any leather dress effortlessly and elegantly.
Tips to Style a Leather Dress:
• Stay away from tight fitting leather dress: Fit matters the most when it comes to a dress made of leather, as it is the only aspect that can make you look chic or cheap. You should not pour yourself into a leather dress, Look for different silhouettes that looks good on your body type. Good fit keeps the raunchiness at bay and allows your look to be much more ladylike. Try a shift or empire waist leather dress, which will still toughen up your look without that skin-tight fit. Get accustomed to this edgy fabric by trying out long sleeves and a barely-above-the-knee hemlines. Always remember there’s a fine line between body-con and downright tight.
• Accessorize sensibly: Shy away from loud over-the-top pieces when you want to dress up in a leather dress. Keep your look clean by adding understated accents, since leather is such a statement in itself. A simple bracelet or cocktail ring or a pair of simple earrings is more than enough with leather. Add something to soften the tough girl look and put in a bit of interest like a silk scarf or girly peep-toe pumps. Let your dress do the talking for you.
• Mix up with prints: you can take your leather dress to another level if you have the guts to pair it with some animal prints accessory. Feel free to pair a simple leather dress with leopard print pumps, or a faux fur stole. Other options include a zebra scarf or a small giraffe print evening bag. Hold your wild instincts and pick only one accessory in animal print to look modish.
• Add a girly twist to your look. Add a feminine jacket or cardigan, considering denim for a rocker chic look. A floral print provides a cool juxtaposition of edgy and girly. A leather dress can also be worn casually. Pair with flat boots and a bright scarf tied around your neck for effortless glamour.
• Try to keeping your colour palette consistent for a dress as it gives a more subtle look. Avoid a bright, in-your-face shade for a leather dress if you are not too confident about sporting a leather look. You can however opt for a burgundy or deep green colour to add extra depth without going too extreme.
• If your dress is sleeveless and tight, put on your favourite blazer on top and some textured tights to make the dress more of a detail than a statement piece.
Hope these tips will help you pull off this look without looking like a tart.
Style Guide: In Fashion Always
Sweater Dresses : How to Style a Sweater Dress
Avon Little Black Dress Eau de Parfum
Why Do Women Dress Up?
How to Dress During Pregnancy
Indian Wedding Party Dress Suggestions
Top 10 Spring Summer Fashion Must Haves
MAC Spring Colour Forecast Launches in India
The Body Shop Spring Trend
Color Block Fashion: Trend Alert
Velvet Dresses: Velvet Fashion Trend
Outfit : Little Black Dress
Eliza Donatein Little Black Dress
How To Style Little Black Dress
Little Black Dress and Gold Clutch
Celebrities in Coloured Jeans
Secretive Beauty Secrets of Bollywood Celebrities
Peplum Dress Craze Among Celebrities
Diet Secrets of Hollywood Celebrities
Celebrities in Statement Necklaces
Diet Secrets of Bollywood Celebrities