We are already heading towards the peak of summers and I have discussed about how to take care of our skin during summers. However, our eyes are also a very important organ to take care of. Like our skin, our eyes come in direct contact with the heat.So let us decide to pamper them this summer.
Yesterday, was a very hectic day for me and I was under sky and sun for a really long time and I forgot to carry my sunglasses with me. And in the evening when I came home, I was too tired to follow any skin or eye care regime; so I just washed my face and went to sleep! Today morning when I woke up, my skin was still fine as I take care of it so well, but my eyes were red and itchy.My eyes felt tired and heavy! The very same moment, I decided to take care of my eyes and follow an eye care regime for them this season.
Today, I am going to share few tips that I received from my mom and friends for taking care of your beautiful eyes this summer. So let’s get started ladies!
• Wear dark goggles if you have to go out in sun. Invest in a good pair of sunglasses. Only 100% UV-protected sunglasses will prevent your eyes when being exposed to harmful rays.
• Your sunglasses should be wrapping your eyes tightly to prevent ultraviolet rays and pollution damage.
• If you swim regularly, ensure that you wear goggles. In summer, most pools have increased amounts of chlorine.Wash your eyes well after you swim.
• Use lubricative eye drops free from preservatives this season. i-tone is quite nice.
• Drink plenty of water. 3 liters recommended.
• Wear a large sun hat every time you are out in the sun.
• Try to stay indoors when possible especially from 12 noon to 4 p.m.
• Make use of SPF sunblock a habit. Reapply every two hours when outside.
• Eat adequate quantities of Vitamin A C; fill up on carrots, sweet potatoes and spinach for vitamin A and guavas, bell peppers, citrus fruits and papayas for vitamin C.
• Rinse your eyes well with cold water, after coming back from the sun. Wash well and pat the eyes gently with a soft towel to dry them.
• Don’t forget to remove your eye makeup well.
Below are few home remedies that you can follow to keep your eyes cool and refreshed:
• Grate fresh apples and squeeze the juice through a soft cloth, soak cotton pads in the juice and place on closed eyes. Relax for 15 – 20 minutes, repeat as required.
• Dip cotton balls in chilled water and keep for 5-10 minutes on your eyes.
• • Apply cotton balls soaked in rose water on closed eyes for 15 minutes or so.
• Cucumbers work wonders for tired eyes. Place two slices of cucumber over your eyes and rest for a while. You could use grated or juiced cucumber too as eye pads.
• Put chilled tea bags on your closed eyes for keeping them cool and relaxed.
So these are few things that you can follow to keep your eyes sparkling fresh this season.
Enjoy the season!
How to Take Care of Oily Skin During Summers
Fab India Skin Care Haul
Aroma Blends for Beauty and Skin Care
Best Under Eye Cream for Dark Circles : Ask IMBB
Aroma Magic Under Eye Gel Review: Dark Circles and Wrinkles