Skin Type: Normal to Dry
Hi Everyone, 🙂
Today, I am reviewing the only product that I have liked from the brand “Sunday Riley” so far. I haven’t had the best experience with the brand because some of their products have either stung my skin while others have unbearable fragrance..at least for me. I did not use this cleansing balm for the longest time. I started using it for over a month now and I am already going to finish it in next 3-4 uses.
USD 50/INR 3200 approximately.
My Experience with Sunday Riley Blue Moon Tranquility Cleansing Balm:
It comes packed in this gorgeous big jar. Well, the jar fell and it cracked..that’s anther story but how pretty is the packaging! It reminds me of the gorgeous midnight blue sky. It’s the not the most hygienic packaging but I am not sure how else it could be packaged. The product is sea foam green color. The texture is little grainy. It doubles up as a gentle exfoliator and cleanser. Also, you can use it as a pack, which actually is my favourite way to use.
Here are a quick pros and cons for Sunday Riley Tranquility Cleansing Balm:
1. It’s a lovely cleansing balm with a little grainy texture. The grains literally melt on the skin and are quite soft as well to begin with. I apply the cleansing balm, damp the hands with a little water and give a mini massage to my face. this helps in getting rid of all the gunk on my face.
2. It cleanses most of the makeup. Does not really work with stubborn mascaras or lipsticks. If you just use it as a cleanser, it thoroughly cleanses the skin without stripping off moisture from your skin.
3. It can double up as a face mask and it works like a charm. It hydrates the skin and leaves it soft and supple. I love using it as a mask more than a cleanser honestly.
4. It smells quite soothing almost “lavender-ish.”
5. It contains lots of lovely essential oils such as vanilla, tangerine, sweet orange and camomile.
6. It does not leave any residue behind and leaves skin clean and moisturised.
7. Has never irritated my skin.
8. If I get too close to the eyes, it does irritate my eyes a little.
Overall, it’s decent three-in-one product – cleanser, exfoliator and mask, but it is just about okay in all three areas. It’s good but none of it wows me. I’d use it until it lasts but it’s not something I would repurchase. If there’s any cleansing balm that I’d go back to, it’s the one from Bobbi Brown.
Sunday Riley U.F.O. Ultra-Clarifying Face Oil
Sunday Riley C.E.O. C + E antiOXIDANT Protect + Repair Moisturizer
Sunday Riley Juno Hydroactive Cellular Face Oil
Sunday Riley Good Genes All-In-One Lactic Acid Treatment
Sunday Riley Ceramic Slip Cleanser
Sleek Makeup Eau La La Liners – Blue and Blue Moon
NARS Eyeliner Pencil Black Moon, Blue Lotus, Mambo
Essence Colour and Shine Eyeshadow Singles in Wear It! and Blue Moon
MUA Luxe Velvet Lip Lacquer- Tranquility
BH Cosmetics Tranquil Tan Satin Bronzer Natural Finish Bronzer
Emma Hardie Amazing Face Moringa Cleansing Balm
Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm
Estée Lauder Advanced Night Micro Cleansing Balm
Balm Balm Frankincense Deep Cleansing Balm
Tony Moly Peach Punch Sherbet Cleansing Balm