WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
So, this is another article on another sunscreen but unlike the previous one this is my HG sunscreen. To begin with, Sungrace is not a drugstore one and ask your dermatologist if you can use this one as this is available only at the chemist’s shop. I was having problems with pigmentation due to sun exposure and nothing worked for me but this one and it turns out to be my best friend.
This is Sungrace from Glenmark. It is a high sun protection one suitable for oilies like me. It has SPF 40 +++ and is for for all skin types.
Price: 299 INR
Composition: take a look
What the company claims:
Sungrace uses potent UV fighters to provide complete broad spectrum sun protection. It is indicated to provide protection from UVB rays and deep penetrating UVA rays which cause skin aging and tanning. Sungrace is water resistant formulation suitable for all skin types/
Direction for use:
Apply evenly and liberally on the face and neck and the exposed areas of the skin. Shoid be applied 15-20 minutes before exposure to sunlight. Reapply after every 3 hours.
Caution” For external use only. Avoid contact with eyes and flush with water if the sunscreen enters the eyes.
What I like about Sungrace sunscreen
1) It is non-comodogenic. Doesn’t block pores and never broke me out which is good for my acne prone skin.
2) I know it really protects me because ever since I started using this my skin looks healthier and when I skip this for a long time I start noticing the firreference.
3) I used to tan a lot which has been minimized by this lotion. I still do tan but that is negligible and might be because I don’t reapply after every 3 hours. Is it really always feasible?
4) It was primarily prescribed to me because I had dark eye area. This has lightened it. But don’t expect over night results. It prevents the darkening and lets the skin heal by itself. So, if you re looking forward to cure your uneven pigmentation, you have to be really patient.
5) High SPF keeps me at ease that I’ m sun protected even on hot summer days.
6) It blends into the skin well. At first ot is a bit heavy and oily. But that gets soaks up.
7) It can be used even in the eye area. I was prescribed because of my problem with eye area only.
8) Comes in a pump dispenser and so very very hygienic. The dispenser pumps out about a pea size of the product. So you have more control on the use and nothing goes wasted.
9) Doesn’t have Schedule H drugs. So, this is not really a medicinal product.
10) Two bottles go for a year so it is super cheap that way. Even the drug store sunscreens costs higher than this one
What I dislike about Sungrace sunscreen
- It is thick in texture like some kind of powder mixed into some liquid which most people might not like.
- At first it leaves a whitish cast. But you have to keep blending and the heat from your palm then gets it blended in.
- At first it becomes oily. During summers I just pat dry tissue and then put on compact and it serves the purpose. Doesn’t make the sin greasy. The oiliness doesn’t return back.
- Doesn’t smell pleasant yet doesn’t smell strong. So no big deal that way.
- Stings the eyes like hell. So be careful not to let it get into your eyes.
I quite like the product and recommend strongly but ask your dermatologist I simply love this sunscreen and this would be my friend till the company stops manufacturing this which I hope they never do.
Shall I repurchase? Yes. Of course. This is my fourth bottle.
Have you tried Sungrace Sunscreen SPF 40? Please rate in the box below
Also Read :
- Biotique Sun Protection SPF 75 Review
- Suncote Sunscreen Gel Review
- Lotus Herbals Safe Sun SunScreen Gel SPF 20 Review