Best if you want to: Moisturize your skin with this twin pot that contains two types of moisture: a light cream for where skin needs less hydration and a rich cream for drier areas like elbows and knees. It has a subtle nutty scent.
Best for: All skin types
How it works:
• Provides 24-hour hydration
• Leaves skin feeling soft all over
• Subtle nutty scent
My thoughts about this product:
I’d been eager to try The Body Shop’s newly released body butter duos because I’m a total lotion junkie, and also because I liked the idea of this tub of lotion having two separate compartments for a light lotion and a rich cream. It’s true that certain parts of the body need more hydration, like for me personally that would be my feet and elbows, while the rest doesn’t always need such heavy moisturization, especially during hot, humid weather.
Left side- rich cream, right side- light cream.
The Body Butter Duos are priced 995 Philippine Pesos (approx Rs. 1082) at The Body Shop stores here in Manila, and $18 on The Body Shop USA website. It contains 200ml of product. I was lucky to have chanced upon a local seller on Ebay selling the Body Butter Duos (brand new and still sealed with the foil covering) for merely 300 Pesos.
Looking at the photo above, I think you’ll be able to see how the left side, which contains the rich cream, seems solid, while the right side, with the light cream, looks rather lightweight and easy to scoop out. This item was shipped to me so it must have tipped over to one side during transit, and when it arrived the light cream had all piled onto the bottom part of the tub, but the rich cream totally stayed put!
Left- rich cream, right- light cream. Wow, my arm looks super tan here.
I wouldn’t call the scent of this product very nutty as a whole—it smells to me like a freshly-cracked-open Macadamia nut, with a touch of sweetness. I wasn’t sure about the Macadamia scent at first, but now it’s really grown on me. The stormy, rainy season has arrived here and this warm, sweet scent makes me feel even cosier while staying dry and safe indoors.
Pros of The Body Shop Body Butter Duo
• I really like that this lotion has two designated creams to address the normal parts of my skin and the drier side which needs heavier moisturization.
• Both the light and rich side provide adequate moisture to my dry skin. I love putting the rich cream on my shoulders and feet, it does make them feel softer afterwards. The light cream is good as an everyday lotion for my arms and legs.
• They’re easy to spread, the light cream especially. The rich cream’s texture doesn’t feel as thick as it looks. It’s relatively easy to apply and a little of it goes a long way.
• It has a lovely, warm scent that is perfect for the rainy weather. I’m glad too that it’s subtle and not too heavy.
• The tub is pretty huge. 200ml of product content should last me more than 3 months of use.
Cons of The Body Shop Body Butter Duo
• It’s (mall price) a bit expensive, in my personal opinion. 995 Pesos is a bit steep for me- I can get my favourite Aveeno lotions at half the price and they contain double the amount of product.
• The light cream initially leaves an oily sheen (like the regular TBS Body Butters do) which I’m not very fond of. It does go away after 5-10 minutes, but I don’t think I’ll be using this during summers because of that initial oily feel.
Overall, I do like this product and would recommend it. I’ve mentioned that I find it a bit expensive, but I like that this provides an easy, efficient way of using a light cream and a richer cream for different parts of your body, and I would buy it again, even at the mall price. 🙂 I’d try the Vanilla scent next time, for sure.
Have you used The Body Shop Body Butter Duo Macadamia ? Please rate in the box below
Also Read :
Shea Body Butter
Fabindia Almond and Coconut Body Butter
The Strawberry Body Butter, Raspberry Body Scrub, Clinique Anti Blemish
Lush Body Butter
Satsuma Body Butter and Soap
Japanese Cherry Blossom Body Butter
H2O Plus Sea Marine Triple Butter Cream
Wild honeysuckle Body Butter
The Body Shop Body Butter Duo Info