WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Spring is knocking on the door and I am so looking forward to wear my skirts. That reminded me to hunt for body scrubs. Though my loofah is quite handy on its own, my dry skin always welcomes a little “TLC.” Being a chocolate aficionado, it would not be much of a surprise that I picked up Cocoa butter scrub from TBS…though every time I smell it, I try hard not to gobble it up…sigh!
The body scrub comes in a sturdy plastic tub with a lid cover. I have to be careful in shower, as sometimes water tends to collect in tub while scooping out the body scrub. So, I have to make sure to drain out the remaining water from the tub. The packaging is very minimalistic.The scrub has a creamy thick consistency and has visible ground almond shells mixed in the cream.The body scrub has a very tempting cocoa chocolate-y fragrance.
$20 for 6.9oz (192 gm).
My Experience with The Body Shop Cocoa Butter Cream Body Scrub:
I have been using the body scrub mostly on my arms and legs, as they are my core problem areas. I found the body scrub more effective on damp skin rather than on dry skin. Hence before using the body scrub, I usually sprinkle water on my arms and legs. As the body scrub contains ground almond shells and rice powder, the scrub granules do not get dissolved in water.
I usually scrub mildly on my arms and legs for 3 – 4 minutes and then rinse it off. I found the granules to be of perfect proportion to act as exfoliating agents. I did not find them harsh on my dry skin. Instead the body scrub is very effective in removing dead skin layer.
The fragrance of the body scrub is very appealing. Funny that the label on the body scrub also mentions a warning that it is not fit for consumption. With such atempting fragrance, I want to smell the body scrub all the time.
After rinsing off the body scrub, the fragrance is barely noticeable on the skin. I usually shower after using the scrub and after that I cannot smell the cocoa fragrance at all. On days that I do not use any soap or shower gel on my skin, I notice that my dry skin continues to feel moisturized.
The hydration effect on the skin should be credited to the presence of nutritive oils in the form of sunflower seed oil, almond oil, coconut oil and soybean oil. The presence of these oils help in providing a soothing effect on my skin even after using a scrub. The cocoa butter and the oils do not make my skin feel greasy but smooth and nourished.
The body scrub has been very effective on my dry skin. I have been using this body scrub twice a week. I find that the skin texture on my elbows and knees have improved. The tiny bumps on my arms have also reduced. My skin feels smoother and less coarser. Also when I apply my body lotion it gets absorbed more effortlessly.
Pros of The Body Shop Cocoa Butter Cream Body Scrub:
- Provides very good exfoliation for dry skin especially on arms and legs.
- Has cocoa and chocolaty fragrance which is very appealing.
- After rinsing off with water, the fragrance barely lingers on the skin.
- Helps in removing dead cells and improving skin texture.
- Helped in reducing bumps on arms due to ingrown hairs.
- Skin feels smoother and body lotion seems to get absorbed more effectively.
- The presence of sunflower seed oil, almond oil, coconut oil and soybean oil along with cocoa butter provides moisturization making skin feel nourished.
- Scrub granules are of perfect proportion to act as exfoliating agents.
- As scrub granules are from ground almond shells and rice powder, they do not get dissolved and can be used to scrub effectively.
Cons of The Body Shop Cocoa Butter Cream Body Scrub:
- Ingredients are not mentioned on the tub, so have to verify it on the TBS website.
- Pricey for the body scrub amount available in tub.
- Have to be careful in shower to remove residual water, which gets accumulated in tub while scooping out the scrub.
Would I Repurchase The Body Shop Cocoa Butter Cream Body Scrub?
Yes, I would buy the body scrub again and again and again!
I have really benefitted from using this body scrub. I do want to try other body scrubs from TBS as well, so I might be rotating them for a while. If you have dry skin, I would highly recommend trying this body scrub.
The Body Shop Cocoa Butter Body Butter
The Body Shop Cocoa Butter Hand and Body Lotion
The Body Shop Cocoa Butter Creamy Body Wash
Forest Essentials Velvet Silk Body Cream Cocoa Butter
The Body Shop Honeymania Cream Body Scrub
The Body Shop Moringa Cream Body Scrub
The Body Shop Brazil Nut Cream Body Scrub
6 Homemade Anti Cellulite Body Scrubs
The Body Shop Spa Fit : Gel Cream Massager, Body Scrub, Massage Oil