WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Cocoa Butter For centuries the women of Ghana have used cocoa butter to moisturise and cool their skin in the African heat. Since 1995, The Body Shop has been buying cocoa beans from the Kuapa Kokoo company in Ghana, a fair trade co-operative with over 30,000 small-scale farmers. The money made by the co-operative enables the development of community projects such as schools and village wells in addition to providing the farmers with income to support their families. Shea butter from Ghana, is one of nature’s great moisturizers. Ghanaian women have used it for centuries to protect their skin from the dry Saharan winds. So who better to buy ours from than the Tungteiya Shea Butter Association, Northern Ghana. An association of around 400 women from 10 villages, we ensure a fair price for their product. Since trading with The Body Shop the women have been able to dramatically change their lives with water pipes and wells saving hours of water collecting, better housing, medical care, food, and self esteem. Importantly, they are also able to give their children, particularly their daughters, the chance to go to school.
Every 20 seconds, somebody, somewhere buys a bottle of this lotion, one of our first, and still one of our most popular products. It works wonders on really dry skin. Containing Community Trade cocoa butter.
- Cocoa Butter – Is an excellent moisturiser that melts at body temperature, leaving the skin feeling soft and silky smooth.
- Glycerine – Is an effective moisturiser which helps improve softness and maximise hydration.
How to use The Body Shop Cocoa Butter Hand and Body Lotion?
Pour the lotion into your hand and smooth onto the skin. Apply as often as required.
Price: Rs 495 for 250 ml. I got it on 15 percent discount. The price given on the site of for 500 ml product.
Why should you buy The Body Shop Cocoa Butter Hand and Body Lotion?
I was looking for a body lotion for summers. My skin is dry in summers as well so light moisturisers don’t work too well on my skin. I need something heavy duty without feeling greasy. I had an option to buy body butters as well but I thought that body butters are well suited for winters. Also the Body Shop’s butters melt in summery conditions. I can say this from my lip butter experience because in hot environments, my lips butter kind of melts. Also, the huge wide mouthed tubs really put me off especially when I imagined the harsh Delhi summers. So I went for the lotion, instead. I must say I took the right decision. 😛
This is the only lotion I am carrying with me these days and it hasn’t failed me.
- The scent is strong, which I am not too fond of, when you apply it but the strongness fades away within a few minutes and you are left with light smell oozing from your body.
- It’s very moisturizing. I apply it in the morning and I don’t feel the need to re-moisturize before 9-10 hours. I am okay with it because the summers haven’t arrived as yet. So it solves my purpose.
- Gets absorbed in skin quickly.
- The lid is tight pop up and close kind of tight lid so it’s easier to carry around without worrying about it spilling and messing your stuff.
- My hands and body stays extremely supple and soft for hours at stretch.
- The quantity I find is pretty good.
- The product says that the product helps to increase skin elasticity, suppleness and help prevent stretch marks.
- It is suitable for use during pregnancy.
- The consistency is neither very thick nor runny.
Why should you NOT buy The Body Shop Cocoa Butter Hand and Body Lotion?
- I didn’t find the smell to be chocolaty, which I was expecting.lolzz!! I am not too fond of the smell but I have exceptionally weird nose when to comes to smells. 😛
- It’s expensive but the keeping the quantity in mind, you wouldn’t mind buying it.
Would i repurchase it?
I will. I really liked it. 🙂