WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
The Body Shop Deodry Dry-Effect Deodorant Stick (Fresh & Floral) Review
What it claims: DeoDry is our first dry-effect deodorant with no aluminium salts or parabens. Available in a refreshing roll-on format with a zesty fragrance. Enjoy effective 24-hour odour protection with our unique blend of volcanic mineral and refreshing essential oils. Minimises white marks. International patent pending.
About the product: Little black dress? Favourite black T-shirt? New DeoDry minimises white marks. It offers effective protection in a kind-to-skin formulation. Now all you need to worry about is what to wear.
New DeoDry contains Community Trade aloe vera from Guatemala. It is grown on farms using organic production processes. Our trade with these Community Trade farmers helps them receive a regular income.
What’s the difference between a deodorant and an anti-perspirant?
Deodorants mask odours caused by perspiration. Anti-perspirants do this too, but they also control perspiration through the inclusion of ingredients such as aluminium salts, which block pores to minimise sweating and wetness leading to odour.
How to use: Glide under arms after cleansing. Do not apply to broken skin
Price and Quantity: Rs. 545 for 55 gms
Total Fragrances available: 3- Fresh and Floral, Cool and Zesty, Chilled and Breezy (Interestingly, the last one is priced a hundred rupees more than the other two perhaps because it smells the strongest and, according to me, also the most invigorating 🙂 )
What I like about The Body Shop Deodry Deodorant Stick:
- Contains no parabens and aluminium salts. Hence, I feel rather safe while using this even if it amounts to more than once in a single day.
- Also claims to have volcanic mineral and essential oils (Go figure out what that means :yelo: )
- A very mild, feminine fragrance.
- Sturdy packaging which makes it extremely portable while travelling.
- Good quantity that will easily last you a few months particularly if stored in the fridge during summers to avoid product meltdown.
What I don’t like about The Body Shop Deodry Deodorant Stick:
- I do not find the twist-up mechanism to be smooth enough. I have used several rotating deodorant sticks in the past which were half the price of this current one and all of them have been a dream to both twist up and then twist down. I need to exert a bit more pressure with my fingers and give my hands a rest after I complete each circle ☹Even then only a small portion of the stick peeps out :yelo:
- I find the price to be way too exorbitant for a deodorant !
- The fragrance does not last for more than 3 hours despite the 24 hour claim. And here, I am talking of applying this in the currently pleasant weather of Delhi while still indoors and not sweating it out in the gym or out in the heat!
Verdict: Finally, a deodorant stick minus parabens . 🙂
Would you purchase it again? : I am not into floral fragrances (that too those which do not last!) and had bought this only to coordinate it with the other Rose-smelling products that I use during my bath. However, I would be purchasing the Chilled and Breezy version of the same when I am through with the Floral Stick.
Have you used The Body Shop Deodry Deodorent Stick ? Please rate in the box below
Also Read :
Sure Anti-Perspirant Launches in India
Avon Senses Divine Time Deo Spray Review
Adidas Pure Lightness Deodorant Review
The Body Shop Launches Deo Dry
Enchanteur Body Mist (Desire)
Victoria’s Secret Sweet Temptation Body Mist Review
The Body Shop Japanese Cherry Blossom Body Mist Review
The Body Shop Aqua Lily Body Mist Review
The Body Shop White Gardenia Body Mist Review