The Body Shop Ginger Anti-Dandruff Shampoo claims: A very effective flake-clearing, scalp-soothing shampoo, with refreshing ginger root extract, specially formulated to deliver conditioning care for dry and/or flaky scalps. Suitable for everyday use.
Price and Quantity: Rs. 495 for 250 ml
About the ingredients: Ginger essential oil-Is known to help revive muscles and stimulate circulation whilst invigorating the senses. Has a spicy, sharp and warm scent.
Organic honey -Moisturizes and helps condition the skin. Helps protect and preserve the forest as well as providing necessary income for beekeepers, an increasing number of which are now women.
Panthenol-Is proven to improve flexibility of the nails, helping to reduce flaking and breakage.
The Good about The Body Shop Ginger Anti Dandruff Shampoo
- THE mildest anti-dandruff shampoo I have ever used.
- It feels really refreshing on the the hair and scalp as you massage it in
- It is a gel based shampoo (which I prefer over cream based shampoos as I find the latter always leave a residue on my scalp) and its consistency is neither too thick nor too runny but exactly how I would have wished it to be . 🙂
- I had a visibly less flaky scalp within 3-4 washes.
- Rinses out quickly and easily.
- Even though it claims to be for “dry hair”, all those who do not have dry hair but only a” dry scalp” (there is a difference between the two) can easily use this shampoo and be equally pleased with the results.
- Even though this is not an SLES free shampoo, it does not strip my hair of too many natural oils and I do not find it very drying.
- Soothing to the scalp
- Removes hair oil effectively and easily
- My hair and scalp look and feel squeaky clean.
- I have been using this shampoo for exactly a year now (I purchased its first bottle last December) and my dandruff problem has greatly reduced. I still have my bad days (if I do not shampoo for 3 consecutive days at a stretch) but they are rare and pass. I have been using this in conjunction with the Rainforest Shine shampoo since the past 4 months and the combination works just fine. Either I rotate between the two or mostly add 4-5 drops of Ginger shampoo in my diluted Rainforest Shine Shampoo, shake well and squeeze the liquid straight to my scalp. Since this mixture is too runny to apply with hands I make use of an old shampoo bottle to squeeze and distribute it evenly along my scalp. Then I massage, tub it in for a few seconds and let it sit on my scalp untouched for a couple of minutes.
- In my opinion, its organic ingredients are more effective compared to using zinc. With most of the brands using zinc as a fighting agent against flake, the problem is that it leaves residue in your hair, also it makes your hair too dry. Ginger is the main ingredient in this shampoo. This plant is known to have anti-bacterial effect. Ginger in lieu of zinc (as is the case with other shampoos) fights the bacteria build-up which causes itchiness leading to dandruff.
- It is silicone free
- It is particularly effective in the winter season because it keeps the winter itch at bay. 🙂
- No weird medicinal smell which is quite unlike most anti-dandruff shampoos.
- Reduces hair fall.
- Not tested on animals.
The Bad about The Body Shop Ginger Anti Dandruff Shampoo
- The faint gingery smell bordering on slightly pure-herbs sorts. It is mild and not unpleasant but definitely not how I would want my hair to smell! But some people, in fact, adore its fragrance. In any case, the smell does not linger long or too strongly in the hair.
- I definitely need to follow it up with a conditioner because hair goes very static and a little frizzy not too long after using this, and it ends up looking very flyaway.
- My hair also seems to get greasy more quickly than usual after using this, so it wouldn’t be good for anyone who has greasy hair normally.
- The Body Shop does not manufacture a corresponding “Ginger Conditioner”.
- Repeated and longer lasting usage would make your hair look dull. Keep switching or mixing this with other shampoos to keep hair shiny.
Rating: :-* :-* :-* :-*
Verdict: Value for money. All dandruff sufferers must give this a try.
Would you purchase again?: Yes
Have you tried The Body Shop Ginger Anti Dandruff Shampoo? Please rate in the box below.
- The Body Shop Honey Moisturising Shampoo Review
- The Body Shop Rainforest Shine Shampoo Review
- The Body Shop Olive Glossing Shampoo and Conditioner